cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Any IT Support Job ..

goswami_partha
Partha G Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
1 of 5

I have skill with IT support, Including Desktop, server , mac and Networking etc support, I am applying for job, over 80 jobs still now still no reply always i see client interviewing other candidates, 

I am getting fustrated, please help 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

re: "over 80 jobs still now still no reply"

With these numbers... I have to assume that the cover letters you are writing are very ineffective.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Partha:

In looking at your profile, I think one of your biggest problems is that you are too much of a generalist. You don't seem like a real expert in any particular area.

goswami_partha
Partha G Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
4 of 5

oh ok let me modify it 

Thanks 

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

re: "over 80 jobs still now still no reply"

With these numbers... I have to assume that the cover letters you are writing are very ineffective.

I'd have to agree with Preston. If your not already using custom, hand written, orginal cover letters for each of your bids, do start doing that now.

Preston's note about your profile is also valid. Knowing your own client base (and being able to address them in both your profile and cover letters) will go a long way in making you successful.

So, out of the list of things you outline in your profile, what do you most love doing, and are clients looking for that skill, and paying top dollar for it?  Does this skill solve a common problem? Are you addressing that in your cover letters? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS