🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not getting Jobs Anymore
Page options
jdezines
Community Member

Not getting Jobs Anymore

Hello,

It's been quite a while since i quit freelancing.I had a strong profile with Top rated Tag.Due to some reasons I have to leave freelance but since i have returned I am not getting any good response from clients.I have good reviews on my profile as well.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

I need some guidance about what am i doing wrong.Anything Bad about my profile

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
2f5ff562
Community Member

You have a good portfolio,  only thing i would say is.... 7USD hour?  that is way too low, might scare clients by not taking you seriously, finding clients is hard, just keep trying?....   until something comes up.

Again it ain´t easy.

Thanks For Answering.Can you suggest something about hourly rate keeping my profile in view..
would be alot helpful

It actually depends on you, i would only recommend that you investigate other freelancers you think are at your level, see what´s their rate, just dont sell yourself cheap, not only affect yourself, but also other freelancers, earn what you think you´re worth, earn what you want, if you got the skills you´ll kand the job you want, earning what you want, just dont give up.

Since Upwork, unlike Elance, gives no information about winning bids and the pay rate of the winning freelancer, your next best bet is testing different prices in your proposals and keep track of what prices make you the most money. 

If you only find a handful of new jobs to bid on, testing will be difficult.

If you find 40 - 50 or more new jobs posted in your specialty, you can submit 10 proposals at $5, 10 proposals at $10, 10 proposals at $15, etc. and see if there is a pattern to what price range is most successful for you.

Just keep in mind the math of it all - it's better to win 5 proposals at $10 than to win 10 proposals at $5, all other things being equal. There will be less effort from you fulfilling 5 jobs than doing10, but you make the same amount of money either way.

Good luck.

Great response Will, i take that advice to myself too! 

Will L wrote:

Since Upwork, unlike Elance, gives no information about winning bids and the pay rate of the winning freelancer, your next best bet is testing different prices in your proposals and keep track of what prices make you the most money. 

If you find 40 - 50 or more new jobs posted in your specialty, you can submit 10 proposals at $5, 10 proposals at $10, 10 proposals at $15, etc. and see if there is a pattern to what price range is most successful for you.

With respect, Will, I think that this approach could backfire if he wins two or three of these "test" projects. Clients can see his payment history and they'll wonder why his hourly rate is all over the place. 

Muhammad, you've got a good profile so there's no reason why you should have to bid $5/hour, test or no test. It's tricky because you've got no JSS score due to your period of inactivity, but you do have a history of good feedback, so I would pick at least $15/hour as a minimum starting point and see how it goes. 

If you do want to work on your profile, I would advise adding some more specific details about how you've helped clients in the past (as in, what was their goal and what was your solution?) and what makes you a better choice than your competitors. Right now most of the available space is taken up with just a list of your skills - the problem is that thousands of other freelancers know how to do the same stuff. You should focus more on what makes you special and what makes you a good fit for certain, more specific projects, and try to carve out a niche for yourself.

Christine,

He doesn't have to accept all of the jobs he submits proposals on. He just needs to understand where the most successful pricing for his type of services is in the Upwork market - what is the sweet spot pricewise for winning bids.

I'd suggest testing prices well outside the range he actually wants to be paid, so he can see what he's up against. Right now, he's winning no proposals so, if there is a significant Upwork market for his services, winning bids are taking place at price points above or below his current bids - maybe well above or below. He won't know until he tests.

Of course, if Upwork provided the information Elance used to provide on winning bids, all freelancers would have a much better idea whether their pricing is a significant factor in the success of their proposals on new jobs.

Great Response and Thanks everyone for guiding me.I will keep your advice in mind.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths