🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting any message notifications on mobi...
Page options
bill_schreiber
Community Member

Not getting any message notifications on mobile or desktop apps

Hello... I've gotten several messages that I misseed because I'm not receiving any notifications via my mobile app or the desktop app. I double-checked all of my settings for notifications, checked the email address, nothing in spam/junk. Just zero message notifications. I have to actually log into the site and go to messages to see if I have any.

Can someone please help? Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
JoanneP

Hi William,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps here? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.  

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, all of my iPhone notificaiton settings are correct. I'm also not getting notifications on my desktop app, running latest version of Windows 10/64. 

Hi William,

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. Did you by chance have Upwork.com open in your browser or had Messages open in the desktop app?

~ Bojan
Upwork

No. I didn’t have anything open, but then I thought I should check Upwork.com. There was a new message, even though the “Messages” link at the top of the page didn’t indicate there was a new message. I clicked on it anyway to check in on a conversation, and there was a new message there for me in the conversation. That new message had been there a couple of hours. Shouldn’t I have been notified on my iPhone or via the desktop app that I had a new message? If I hadn’t checked on the website, I would have never known.  

Messages have been a problem for a few weeks now. I think there was another post about it. I also have to click the Messages tab to check for new messages. There is no notification at all or it is delayed. 

Thank you for clarifying the issue you're experiencing, William. 

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to further assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
elastella
Community Member

Yep.

Either no notifications at all or a day late. 

I almost missed 2 invites because of this. The latest one doesn't even show up when I click on the bell (desktop) to display all notifications.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused, Ela.

We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you with this issue. 

Than you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello

can you help me also

i have same situation and i posted a thread. see below

"""Hello,I received a notification about a job invite on the lock screen of my phone, however upon checking it on the upwork mobile app, upwork website and my registered email address there is no notification.

How did this happen?

I was able to accept the interview on the notification on the lock screen of my phone and not on any upwork services.

All my notifications setting are enabled, this is the first time it happened.

I also have a pending payment approval, Now im not sure if it is approved already or there is a delay on the notifications of upwork. Please check and update my account.

Thank you and keep safe."""

Hello,I received a notification about a job invite on the lock screen of my phone, however upon checking it on the upwork mobile app, upwork website and my registered email address there is no notification.

How did this happen?

I was able to accept the interview on the notification on the lock screen of my phone and not on any upwork services.

All my notifications setting are enabled, this is the first time it happened.

I also have a pending payment approval, Now im not sure if it is approved already or there is a delay on the notifications of upwork. Please check and update my account.

Thank you and keep safe.

Hi Edison Joseph,

Are you viewing your notifications on multiple devices? If you are, it will prompt the system that the message has already been viewed, and therefore, will no longer show the notification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Ms. Joanne,

This is what happened in my case,

I got the notification on my phone lock screen, i didnt yet pressed it.
i went right away on the my email and upwork mobile app to check and the notification wasnt there.

Im now worried that my client already approved the payment i am waiting without me being notified because of what happened. And some freelancers are also experiencing the same thing based on this forum.

Thank you.

Hi Edison Joseph,

Thank you for sharing more information. I can see that you already have a support ticket regarding this issue. Our team will look into this further, and will update you directly on your support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
researchediting
Community Member

iPhone notification badges do not show up on the app's icon until after they've been read.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths