🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting enough invites Upwork Plus member
Page options
jalmedajr
Community Member

Not getting enough invites Upwork Plus member

Hi,

I am a freelancer. 3 weeks ago, I subscribed to Upwork plus to get more invites; however, I only received 3 invites up to date. Is this normal? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jose Dante A wrote:

I am a freelancer. 3 weeks ago, I subscribed to Upwork plus to get more invites; 

Where did you get the idea from that subscribing to Plus would get you more invites? That would be be grossly unfair, wouldn't it?

You (obviously) don't get preferential treatment in search results just because you pay a membership. 

Thanks for the answer.

Any tips on how to improve my account and get more invites?

Jose Dante A wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

Setting your profile to public would obviously help. If you set your profile to private or your availabilty to unavailable, you won't get seen and can't get invites.

tlbp
Community Member

Jose Dante A wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

1.There are a LOT of freelancers on Upwork. If you get an invite as a new member, it is likely from someone who is intentionally targeting new freelancers to scam them. (Go read the New to Upwork posts in Community Discussions or do a search for "scam") 

2.Invites usually occur when a client is seeking a specific skill and they have the option to sort their search by fee and status (e.g. Top Rated). With zero reviews or work experience, you are unlikely to satisfy their query. Upwork search is not like SEO search. You can't really rely on profile content to move you in the rankings. Plus, the search results are rotated so "everyone" presumably gets a shot at appearing--subject to the clients' filters of course. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members