🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting hire
Page options
e8c39a71
Community Member

Not getting hire

I have been applying here in Upwork to several Video Editor jobs and but don't get hired. I need some guidance, please. I have been working as a video editor for more than 17 years for major tv stations and production companies but I don't have the same luck here in Upwork. any advice?
2 REPLIES 2
grimesr
Community Member

I don't know what you put in your proposal, but I would suggest starting over with your profile.   Make the profile results oriented, not promise oriented. Tell how you have helped clients (or people you work for) in concrete terms, i.e. "saved a bazillion man hours", "increased turnaround time by 5 hours"... 

Clients only see the first few lines. Make it impactful. Take out the “who I am” sentence. The client knows who you are and you waste space.

I use my proposal as the cornerstone of how to get the work, not a static profile that someone has to seek out. I think of the profile in the same way as having a website somewhere it the web-world. I don't expect anyone to find me that way, never have.

For me, I don't see anything there that tells me how you can help me if I am the client based on your past experiences. What measure of success did you achieve? What monetary or resource impacts did you make, in hard values, not just "made things better". I read this a sales brochure, not a "why I am better than any other freelancer" statement.

Don’t expect to get all you work by just making a great profile and then waiting for the clients to invite you. Develop a high quality strategy on how your proposals will look and submit, submit, submit.

rafsun_ug
Community Member

After having a great description of the profile and a top-notch proposal, Will you get a job? Mmmm, I am singing with Robert...you just have to submit, submit, submit, and submit! Smiley Indifferent and that's the thing you need to do very patiently. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths