🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting hired
Page options
khenz211
Community Member

Not getting hired

Greetings, i registered as a freelancer on upwork a year but i was not really into it then i decided to start using it recently, i got my profile approved and Got my first job 6 to 7 days after with the initial connects given.
After the first job has been succesfully completed i have sent alot of proposals without getting a message from the client, they just delete/archive my chat, is there anything i'm doing wrong is my ?profile not good enough? all help will be appreciated,
regards,
Kenny.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carloslobo28
Community Member

Hello Kenny, there are many others experiencing this situation, just like me sometimes; you can send twenty proposals a day and you can send two per day and not to get hired, I know the first situation feels worse, you need to know that there are dozens better than you and that is why not getting hired at the time. What I meant about sending lot or few proposals is that the fewer proposals you send the higher the possiblity that these you send are well focused to your skills set, when in desperation one tends to submit several proposals but for sure not well focused. I thought, regarding my job history, the pattern of clients that actualliy hired me and send proposal accordingly to those clients, I learnt in what hours are clients more interested in hiring me. A highly probabilities proposal is that that there are fewer bidder because the job includes some peculiarities; for example, translate in HTML, that is a capacity that not many translators have, I could say SEO, but all now are SEO people. Send proposals where you feel quite confident in getting hired, I sometimes get surprised "why this client did not hire me?" and not the reverse "I get hired by chance or luck". Also you need to study the price factor, in my case I realized that maybe are others better than me yet cheaper, that would not help. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carloslobo28
Community Member

Hello Kenny, there are many others experiencing this situation, just like me sometimes; you can send twenty proposals a day and you can send two per day and not to get hired, I know the first situation feels worse, you need to know that there are dozens better than you and that is why not getting hired at the time. What I meant about sending lot or few proposals is that the fewer proposals you send the higher the possiblity that these you send are well focused to your skills set, when in desperation one tends to submit several proposals but for sure not well focused. I thought, regarding my job history, the pattern of clients that actualliy hired me and send proposal accordingly to those clients, I learnt in what hours are clients more interested in hiring me. A highly probabilities proposal is that that there are fewer bidder because the job includes some peculiarities; for example, translate in HTML, that is a capacity that not many translators have, I could say SEO, but all now are SEO people. Send proposals where you feel quite confident in getting hired, I sometimes get surprised "why this client did not hire me?" and not the reverse "I get hired by chance or luck". Also you need to study the price factor, in my case I realized that maybe are others better than me yet cheaper, that would not help. 

Update, I got my Top rated badge today

Can you please share some tips with Me I have submitted dozens of proposals but not getting any reply from clients.
I have also worked on proposal writing and attaching previous work but still same problem
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths