🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting hired
Page options
f83ec764
Community Member

Not getting hired

Hello, I am new here And I have already exhausted my connect, submitting over 12 proposals and yet no one is getting back to me or hiring.
Please, cam someone kindly tell me what I might be doing wrong?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sedatozhan
Community Member

Hi Osomudeya, 

I can't see your profile but this is something usual for many freelancers. I could get my first job more than 6 months after opening an Upwork account.

Patience is the key. 

Best 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
sedatozhan
Community Member

Hi Osomudeya, 

I can't see your profile but this is something usual for many freelancers. I could get my first job more than 6 months after opening an Upwork account.

Patience is the key. 

Best 

Thank you, My porfolio is really good and I am really good at what I do for sure so was wondering why no one is accepting my proposals. Thank you for your response..

AndreaG

Hi Osomudeya,

If you are struggling to get started, we suggest checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork. You can also explore our Events & Webinars page to help you get started.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Osomudeya Z wrote:
Hello, I am new here And I have already exhausted my connect, submitting over 12 proposals and yet no one is getting back to me or hiring.
Please, cam someone kindly tell me what I might be doing wrong?

There are thousands upon thousands of freelancers on Upwork; 12 proposals is nothing ... it can take awhile to get that first job, you can get lucky and get something quickly, or it can take months. If you persevere, once you get that first job, the rest come easier.

That said, there are also thousands of freelancers who offer the same service you do, and at very low rates - competition is fierce.

f83ec764
Community Member

Thank you so much Virginia
I’ll be patient.
jozsab1
Community Member

Usually have around 30 pending proposals and might take me a month to finally land a job. Depends what type of work you do, rating, hourly rate, experience....

kinector
Community Member

Osomudeya, I don't know anything about your field really, but I do know that people will look at our profiles and hoping to see some proof of great skills. So, it doesn't matter how great skill you actually have if nobody else can perceive it. Preferably, in a quick glance (you know our attention span is miserable these days).

What you do is photo editing, right?

If I look at your portfolio images, particularly the first one, I don't know what you have done.

I suppose, your skill would be best marketed with Before and After image collage. Would you agree? Combine the original image (left) and your edited images (right) so people can see how much better the image got.

Making your work stand on its own should be pretty easy for anyone working in visual domains. 😉

Thank you, I think I’ll start adding my before and after images and maybe add more stuff to my porfolio

You don't need a lot of things in the portfolio, but it needs to represent what you can do at your best, and be clickable at the same time. Meaning, it looks cool and interesting. Quality over quantity. Few people scroll past what they see on the first page anyway.

Good luck, I think you're good to go. Best of luck! 😉
23189dcb
Community Member

I got frustrated because although I tried 30 40 proposals but I can't get a single job.
What to do?
I want to invest my time as a freelancer, not a company worker.
Anybody, please give me a suggestion?
Am I wasting time on upwork? or I'll get

Here is my profile:-

work https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01358afd83f9907015/

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths