🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting hired
Page options
atl_s
Community Member

Not getting hired

Hi! I am a Top Rated freelancer, however I noticed on my stats that compared to my peers, I am hired less often than the average, I was wandering if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your help, have a nice day!

Sabina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

What do the other stats, viewed and interviewed, say? Sometimes you can get insights from that. For example, if you're interviewed stats are good but your hires aren't, there may be something in the interview process you could improve. If you're viewed stats are low, it could indicate less-than-compelling proposals.

I did take a quick look at your profile, and you might reconsider "communicator" in your title as it's not a common keyword for what you're offering. I think you could use something more effective (so you appear more often in searches). You might also add some portfolio items to flesh that out. At your rate, clients will want to see a solid portfolio.  Top Rated doesn't mean much in terms of getting hired, so you'll still want to think about effective marketing for your profile and your proposals to get an edge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

What do the other stats, viewed and interviewed, say? Sometimes you can get insights from that. For example, if you're interviewed stats are good but your hires aren't, there may be something in the interview process you could improve. If you're viewed stats are low, it could indicate less-than-compelling proposals.

I did take a quick look at your profile, and you might reconsider "communicator" in your title as it's not a common keyword for what you're offering. I think you could use something more effective (so you appear more often in searches). You might also add some portfolio items to flesh that out. At your rate, clients will want to see a solid portfolio.  Top Rated doesn't mean much in terms of getting hired, so you'll still want to think about effective marketing for your profile and your proposals to get an edge.

atl_s
Community Member

Thank you very much for your insight, I didn't though much about keywords and my portfolio, will definetly improve that! 

kinector
Community Member

Perhaps you can try to assess if it is about the market or about the competition.

Are there enough jobs here for your specialty?

Do you consistently win or lose proposals?

Are there just too many others offering the same thing that you do?

Who is the top guy on this platform doing what you do and what can you learn from that person's profile and work history?

atl_s
Community Member

Thank you very much, those are great questions that will definetly help me inprove my profile! Have a nice day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members