Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not getting invitations.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Abid M Member Since: Aug 4, 2017
1 of 17

Hi everyone!

So for several months, I'm getting almost no Job invitations. I used to get at least 40-50 invitations per month before that. But from the month of April, I'm getting not more than 3-4. And for last couple of months nothing!!

I've tried tweaking my account again and again but in vain. Smiley Sad

Is it only happening to me, or you guys are also facing the same issue? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 17

@Abid M wrote:

Hi everyone!

So for several months, I'm getting almost no Job invitations. I used to get at least 40-50 invitations before that. But from the month of April, I'm getting not more than 3-4. And for last couple of months nothing!!

I've tried tweaking my account again and again but in vain. Smiley Sad

Is it only happening to me, or you guys are also facing the same issue? 

I think it's the numbers. You have around 1,9 million freelancers (not including inactive profiles that might still apply for jobs) looking at around 103K job postings (including all those jobs where no hire ever takes place). So it is a buyer's market.

I was expecting the IPO to create more publicity and more clients, but I don't think that has happened. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 17
But this shouldn't happen for 6 months right? If they are tweaking the search results every once in a while as they say?

I think they are doing something with the search results and for that clients are not finding our profiles.
Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 17

@Abid M wrote:
But this shouldn't happen for 6 months right? If they are tweaking the search results every once in a while as they say?

I think they are doing something with the search results and for that clients are not finding our profiles.

I don't believe that. On top of that, many clients don't send invitations, they just wait for proposals. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 17
Wasn't it the same before? And how can the number of invitation reduced dramatically only for that?
Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 17

@Abid M wrote:
Wasn't it the same before? And how can the number of invitation reduced dramatically only for that?

You have more competition every day. 

Ace Contributor
7 of 17
Yes. I know that. But don't think only for this reason I'm getting no invites at all. 😔
Highlighted
Csongor V Member Since: Apr 16, 2016
8 of 17

Hi Abid,

I have the same issue in the last few months. In the last years I've got a lot of invitations every week, and also a lot of replies to my proposals, but since Spring the number of invitations and interviews dropped dramatically. I'm curious where this topic goes. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 17

Yes Csongor,  Upwork should really do something about it.

And not only you and me, I know a lot of freelancers in my country who are also facing the same issue. All of them are complaining that the number of invitation reduced from the middle of this year.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
10 of 17

I have been seeing the same thing...it has been going on for a very long time now for me. Job invites are sparse and about 1/4 of them are clients that just send out invites without ever looking at your profile to see if you are a good fit or in their price range.

The crazy changes they have made and continue to make like hiding jobs after a certain amount of proposals have had an adverse effect on Freelancers. I also think they are attracting a much lower end client pool as I am seeing a lot of client post with champaign wants and bottom of the barrel beer budgets.

My suggestion is to not put all your eggs in the Upwork basket. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS