Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting invitations.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tatiana T Member Since: Jul 19, 2012
11 of 17

Hi! Upwork don't care about freelancers. I have no invitations , I have no answers on job applications. (100 score rate, top rated, have more then 4000 hours in systhem worked). At least twice per year I feel myself absolutly out of market, isolated for monthes. I am spending my working time in other place and it is the best solution for me, may be you should take it as advice.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Abid M Member Since: Aug 4, 2017
12 of 17

This is frustrating.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Abid N Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
13 of 17

Hi, same here.

I am a top-rated freelancer and have a 100% success score, etc. but haven't received more than 5 invitations for at least 3 months. Upwork must resolve this because a lot of freelancers facing this issue and they are unable to get jobs without searching and applying to the jobs. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie J Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
14 of 17

Then you'll have to search for jobs and send proposals like most of us.

I get about 5 invitations per week but most of them are not a good fit for my skills.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
15 of 17

Abid N wrote:

Hi, same here.

I am a top-rated freelancer and have a 100% success score, etc. but haven't received more than 5 invitations for at least 3 months. Upwork must resolve this because a lot of freelancers facing this issue and they are unable to get jobs without searching and applying to the jobs. 

Well, I've received very few invitations since I'm here, I had one one month ago and I think another one two months ago.
I was lucky that they were adjusted to my specialty Smiley Happy, but not at my price Smiley Frustrated
I don't worry about the invitations. From time to time I apply for some work that I find interesting, and nothing more.
It is also true that I now have a long-term client and that reassures me a bit.

So, you must do the same as all mortals, buy connects and submit proposals.
Luck!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 17

Abid N wrote:

a lot of freelancers facing this issue and they are unable to get jobs without searching and applying to the jobs. 

And? You expect to be spoonfed jobs?

On what basis?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
17 of 17
My suggestion is to not put all your eggs in the Upwork basket.

Absolutely this. Ignore the occasional claims made on the Upwork social media channels of The Big Scary World of Freelancing Outside Upwork and the Horrible Scammers that Operate There. You should never rely solely on one channel. Brush up on your marketing skills and you will find clients elsewhere.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS