🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not getting invited for Rising Talent Pro...
Page options
dd73d96e
Community Member

Not getting invited for Rising Talent Program

I meet all the eligibility criteria for the Rising Talent program but still not receiving an invitation to it... Can anybody help me out here?

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fakhar,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dd73d96e
Community Member

Hey Bojan, thanks for replying.

Actually I have completed 5 contracts with 3 different clients and I have still got 10 days to get a JSS. So I would really like to have a Rising Talent badge until then.

I meet all the criteria illustrated at the page you shared:

1- Passed Readiness test.

2- Completed 5 contracts on time with 5* rating.

3- I have a 100% profile

4- My availability status is updated..... Open to offers

5- I keep submitting proposals.... currently I have submitted 40 proposals.

6- No terms violations until now

And Still not getting invited.

So plz review my account and let me know if I am missing something...! Thanks

Hi Fakhar,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Your profile indicates two completed projects and none in progress. Also, "I have still got 10 days to get a JSS" makes no sense. You get a JSS when you have enough completed contracts with several different clients. Elapsed time has nothing to do with it. 

i read it here on the forum in a comment of some guru, he/she mentioned that JSS updates every other sunday so i have to wait until it updates even if i have enough projects completed. Thats why i mentioned 10 days
petra_r
Community Member

Fakhar M wrote:
i read it here on the forum in a comment of some guru, he/she mentioned that JSS updates every other sunday so i have to wait until it updates even if i have enough projects completed. Thats why i mentioned 10 days

If you were eligible for RT status you'd have been awarded RT status. If you've done 5 contracts and those don't turn out to be fake, you'll get a JSS next time the JSS updates unless the minute payments mean they don't count heavily enough to qualify you for a JSS. They certainly don't advertise you as a valuable professional. They do the opposite.

Taking questionable jobs for unrealistically glowing feedback from clients who clearly engage in selling feedback is unwise and can cost you your account.

florydev
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Fakhar M wrote:

If you were eligible for RT status you'd have been awarded RT status. If you've done 5 contracts and those don't turn out to be fake, you'll get a JSS next time the JSS updates unless the minute payments mean they don't count heavily enough to qualify you for a JSS. They certainly don't advertise you as a valuable professional. They do the opposite.

Taking questionable jobs for unrealistically glowing feedback from clients who clearly engage in selling feedback is unwise and can cost you your account.

This client should be punted, how obvious is that?  

petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

This client 

Plural....

dzadza
Community Member

Fakhar M wrote:

Hey Bojan, thanks for replying.

Actually I have completed 5 contracts with 3 different clients and I have still got 10 days to get a JSS. So I would really like to have a Rising Talent badge until then.

I meet all the criteria illustrated at the page you shared:

1- Passed Readiness test.

2- Completed 5 contracts on time with 5* rating.

3- I have a 100% profile

4- My availability status is updated..... Open to offers

5- I keep submitting proposals.... currently I have submitted 40 proposals.

6- No terms violations until now

And Still not getting invited.

So plz review my account and let me know if I am missing something...! Thanks

I checked your profile - 2 completed contracts  and no jobs in progress

dd73d96e
Community Member

well, that's another issue then. Upwork is indicating incorrent stats. I have completed 5 contracts which are closed now, i can see them in my "contracts" page but my profile shows only 2 jobs and $5 earned although the first 2 jobs make $15 in total..... I was waiting for that the process may take some time to update it but its been a day now and its stuck here...!

Hi Fakhar!

Did you get the badge yet? Becasue, I'm facing the same issue.

Hira R wrote:

Hi Fakhar!

He is gone. His profile is no longer available.
So you will have to wait for a moderator to help you.
While you can explain to us what your specific problem is and someone can try to help you.

Maria T wrote:

Hira R wrote:

Hi Fakhar!

While you can explain to us what your specific problem is and someone can try to help you.

One of those disappearing profiles. I've often noticed that happen to people who put a question on the forum. There seems to be some kind of curse.

Robert Y wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Hira R wrote:

Hi Fakhar!

One of those disappearing profiles. I've often noticed that happen to people who put a question on the forum. There seems to be some kind of curse.

Maybe it's just that they expose themselves where they shouldn't?

@m_terrazas wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Hira R wrote:

Hi Fakhar!

Maybe it's just that they expose themselves where they shouldn't?

Probably. If you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, it's best to stay below the radar.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths