🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not getting invites
Page options
laazylizzard
Community Member

Not getting invites

Hi, Its been almost 2 weeks since I became a Top Rated freelancer. In these 14 weeks( 15 running) run, I haven't dropped my JSS below 90%. But I am little concern as I have only got 2 invitation within this time period. I would love to hear is my profile or portfolio is not good enough to make an impression? What needs improvement? If someone with expertise can put some light I can really focus on that area to improve

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fahad Hossain P wrote:

Can you please give me some suggestion on how I can appear hight in the search result? 

Improve your JSS and keep bidding.  Be careful not to take jobs you can't do perfectly.

As the search results are rotated, there are no magic tricks, but the better your stats, and when you are actively bidding, you tend to get rotated higher more often.

But really you can't rely on invites, the main bulk of your income will come from jobs you apply to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Fahad Hossain P wrote:

Hi, Its been almost 2 weeks since I became a Top Rated freelancer. In these 14 weeks( 15 running) run, I haven't dropped my JSS below 90%. But I am little concern as I have only got 2 invitation within this time period

There are tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. A search for "Illustrator" brings up a little under 200.000

illustrator.jpg

Most of the ones with a JSS are 90% +

To be invited you have to appear high in the search results, which are rotated, so chances of being high up in such a crowded category much of the time are slim.

Petra R wrote:

Fahad Hossain P wrote:

Hi, Its been almost 2 weeks since I became a Top Rated freelancer. In these 14 weeks( 15 running) run, I haven't dropped my JSS below 90%. But I am little concern as I have only got 2 invitation within this time period

There are tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. A search for "Illustrator" brings up a little under 200.000

illustrator.jpg

Most of the ones with a JSS are 90% +

To be invited you have to appear high in the search results, which are rotated, so chances of being high up in such a crowded category much of the time are slim.

Can you please give me some suggestion on how I can appear hight in the search result? 

Fahad Hossain P wrote:

Improve your JSS and keep bidding.  Be careful not to take jobs you can't do perfectly.

As the search results are rotated, there are no magic tricks, but the better your stats, and when you are actively bidding, you tend to get rotated higher more often.

But really you can't rely on invites, the main bulk of your income will come from jobs you apply to.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Your work is really nice and certainly nobody could accuse you of charging too much. Your overview has a few mistakes and your sales pitch could probably be improved, but that's no big deal for getting illustration jobs - people either like your style or they don't. I don't really see any problems. I've only received one invitation in about two months myself; often it's feast or famine when you're freelancing and not really anything to worry about. Just keep bidding on projects and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for your careful review. Can you please point out the mistakes in my overview? 

Christine A wrote:

Your work is really nice and certainly nobody could accuse you of charging too much. Your overview has a few mistakes and your sales pitch could probably be improved, but that's no big deal for getting illustration jobs - people either like your style or they don't. I don't really see any problems. I've only received one invitation in about two months myself; often it's feast or famine when you're freelancing and not really anything to worry about. Just keep bidding on projects and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for your careful review. Can you please point out the mistakes in my overview? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members