🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting job invitations
Page options
neha9979
Community Member

Not getting job invitations

Hello,

I am not getting job invitations from past 4 months. Also, in my stats, there are no profile views. I am also not able to locate my profile in search results of freelancers. Is there any problem with my profile?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Hi Neha,

There are thousands of web developers here on Upwork, so landing a job can be a challenge. Over the past 3 months to 1 year, many freelancers--including Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus--have noticed a decrease in hiring and fewer invitations. The exact cause is not known, but my observations show that it could be:

• Competition: Upwork added 2 million+ freelancers over the past year, so competition has increased, which means fewer invitations and lower hire rates.

• Client Behavor: Clients are more cautious and taking much longer to spend, as Upwork noted in their most recent financial forecasts for 2023. This means fewer job postings, fewer invitations, and lower hire rates.

With regards to search results, the results are shown on a rotating basis and they are not the same from week to week. Hundreds (if not thousands) of freelancers are joining and leaving the marketplace everyday, so search results flucuate. If you conduct the same search two weeks from now, you will get a different result.

Also, Upwork values the reputation built by freelancers who have been on the platform longer. These profiles and those who are Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus will show prominently in search when their skills and work histories match the clien'ts requirements. As a result, those profiles typically show up before yours.

screenshot-1.png

For example, when I search your name and initial (Neha S), you appear on page 1. This doesn't mean much because most clients will never search by name.

When I search for (Web Developer) or (Shopify) with (India) and (Job completed = 10+ jobs), your profile does not show in the first 15 page results. This is expected since most showing in these results are Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus, and your work history is not as recent as theirs and others.

There is nothing wrong with your profile; it's just the way the platform is working these days.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members