cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting jobs😞

Ace Contributor
Sonal V Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 4
I know this question has been asked many times but I need to vent , I joined odesk 2 months back and got 2 jobs in 1 month but after that nothing I applied for approx . 50 jobs in two months but only landed 2 jobs so far and earned 55$ in 2 months how do people make a living out of odesk ? My target was earning 1000$ p/m but it seems like impossible . Am I expecting too much ? Just need some advice from experienced freelancers. TIA.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 4

Not to be rude here, but you aren't going to make your goal going after data entry jobs. There is a a lot of competition in the countries that can accept lower wages for those jobs.

If you are wanting to make $1000 a month look at doing long term jobs, take a look at taking more tests to show your skills, assistant jobs, virtual assistant is good you have that listed, but you are going to need to put skills in detail somewhere in your profile to interest people.

Look at raising your rate and go after the jobs that are Intermediate for looking for experience. Make sure you have the skills they are looking for and learn to sell yourself. That was the hardest thing I had to learn, but if you can learn to put in your cover letter why you are the best for the job, you will get the interview. Then you have to be confident when you interview.

Ace Contributor
Sonal V Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
3 of 4
Thanks Suzanne for responding & I totally understand I cannot earn a lot with only data entry , I am a post graduate in HR and also have a working exp in it but I don't see many job posted under Hr category and I am left with administration work only so I am still struggling 😞 . Thanks for advice I will try to follow and hopefully will succeed some day.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 4

Do you have any customer service skills or adminstrative skills? One thing I might suggest is take some classes online and improve some of your skills so you can put them in your profile. But take more tests to show what skills you do have.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS