🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not getting paid
Page options
bf580159
Community Member

Not getting paid

Hello,

I have worked on a project during the past two days. I had to copy type text from 200 images. I did my job perfectly and sent it right on time. But I did not get paid. It's a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines**. They said that I have to pay $300 (which by the way, it's the amount I was supposed to get) to get a membership card. After I said to the guy, who contacted me on Telegram, that I can't pay $300, he said well how much can you pay? It was clearly a fraud. But I seriously need help to get what I owe. Freelancers, do you happen to be scammed on this platform? Share your experiences in the comments. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
bf580159
Community Member

And oh that's when he told me to pay whatever I can afford. Don't deal with these people.

yofazza
Community Member

It's a common scam, sorry. Take a look here to see where you get it wrong:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

elisa_b
Community Member

Betty S wrote:

But I seriously need help to get what I owe. 

There was never any work. It was just a pretext to steal money from you. So you will never get a single penny.

Betty S wrote:

Freelancers, do you happen to be scammed on this platform? 

Nope. I stick to the rules. I avoid any typing/data entry/file conversion offers. I check each client's history and follow common sense.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths