🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting paid
Page options
6d8304f8
Community Member

Not getting paid

Im new to upwork and my client isn't responding at all, I have done the requested work and have evidence for it, he told me I would get have gotten paid 2 weeks ago(what didn't happen). I tried to contact support but that didn't really help, so what can i do now ? 

3 REPLIES 3
luqman_mak
Community Member

Did your client offer you a contract on Upwork that you accepted on Upwork?
If yes, was it a time based or fixed sum contract?
If time based, did you use the UW time tracker for the contract?
If fixed sum, you can submit the work throught the 'request payement' button on your jobs page

prestonhunter
Community Member

Some key points:

1) Clients are not required to respond. If a client doesn't respond and does nothing, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

2) If a freelancer does not get paid, it is the freelancer's fault. That is good, because it means the freelancer can learn what he did wrong and correct his behavior.

3) If we don't get paid, we don't contact Customer Support. It is better to cone to the Community Forum and ask questions to figure out what we did wrong.

759e32fa

Hi Mert,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Luqman and Preston are correct. First, a contract has to be in place, then once you submit work for payment, the client may choose to release the payment to you. If they don't and they did not take any actions for 14 days, the funds will automatically be released to you. This works for Fixed-Price contracts. If you have an hourly contract, you'll have to log hours according to Upwork's Hourly Protection in order for you to be paid even when the client's payment method fails. 

You can check this article and this article for more information.

Could you please share the contract ID number so we can also check for you?

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members