🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting paid
Page options
bf580159
Community Member

Not getting paid

Hello,

I have worked on a project during the past two days. I had to copy type text from 200 images. I did my job perfectly and sent it right on time. But I did not get paid. It's a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines**. They said that I have to pay $300 (which by the way, it's the amount I was supposed to get) to get a membership card. After I said to the guy, who contacted me on Telegram, that I can't pay $300, he said well how much can you pay? It was clearly a fraud. But I seriously need help to get what I owe. Freelancers, do you happen to be scammed on this platform? Share your experiences in the comments. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
bf580159
Community Member

And oh that's when he told me to pay whatever I can afford. Don't deal with these people.

yofazza
Community Member

It's a common scam, sorry. Take a look here to see where you get it wrong:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

elisa_b
Community Member

Betty S wrote:

But I seriously need help to get what I owe. 

There was never any work. It was just a pretext to steal money from you. So you will never get a single penny.

Betty S wrote:

Freelancers, do you happen to be scammed on this platform? 

Nope. I stick to the rules. I avoid any typing/data entry/file conversion offers. I check each client's history and follow common sense.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths