🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting responses to my proposals
Page options
shah_syedarif
Community Member

Not getting responses to my proposals

Hi,

I used to be one of the top rated freelancers on odesk and elance. When it switched to upwork, I still got a decent amount of work. I have earned more than 100k on this platform. However, then I was mostly working as a contractor directly with clients in Europe and stopped interacting with clients on upwork for the past two years.

Recently, I have some free time so I decided to get back to upwork and do some freelancing work. However, things have changed for me. I am not getting any replies. Not getting any invites but that is probably because I have not been active.

I know how to craft a proposal. I have updated my profile according to the latest skills. As I mentioned, I used to get more invites than I had the capacity for. My work history seems good and my profile shows my projects.

I don't think I am very bad at writing proposals either because in past, I got a reply to almost every proposal that I sent. My hire status was pretty high too. 

Now, I have not received any interview/response in the last 30 proposals that I have sent. I am afraid that it's more than the content of my proposal. Could upwork not be showing my application or showing it at the bottom or maybe have put some bad ratings to my profile?

3 REPLIES 3
jefreylandicho
Community Member

Try building a better portfolio.

JoanneP

Hi Syed,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Syed, unlike what the above generic tips suggest, I think the issue is with those numerous ongoing projects that look really strange for the pricing side of things. Nothing matches with the rate you list now, the lowest ones being below $10/h.

The clients who know how this platform works might skip your profile because of the discrepancies.

And to new clients you might look too expensive.

PS. I know nothing about your market or what kinds of rates are considered low, adequate, or high.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths