🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not getting views
Page options
ahmedimti007
Community Member

Not getting views

Hello good people,

I created my account in 2016. But I was not active on Upwork. I've actively started looking for works in 2022. By the time I only managed to get 1 job. I'm running out of my connects, only few left. My profile doesn't seem to get much views even though I applied to many jobs. Does this gap(2016 to 2022) have any negative impact on my profile in getting views or proposal being accepted? 

Thank you so much for your time and support.

Imtiaz Ahmed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Imtiaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any profile views. Please know that we are not in control of which freelancer profiles the clients are viewing.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Imtiaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any profile views. Please know that we are not in control of which freelancer profiles the clients are viewing.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmedimti007
Community Member

Hello AJ, 

I really appreciate your reply, thanks for the detailed answer. But can you please clirify one more thing? Is there any negative impact on anyone's profile if there is a long gap between creating profile and becoming active? I created my profile back in 2016, As I was involved in a full time job I haven't work on upwork all these years. Now I'm focusing on Upwork and trying to work full time on Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members