🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting work anymore
Page options
m_mujahid007
Community Member

Not getting work anymore

Hello upworkers,
Hopefully you are doing fine. I don't know is this right forum to ask this.
I'm new to Upwork joined just 4 weeks ago. I got 2 projects right upfront. After that i have been bidding on projects and not getting response for any of them. Like After that I have submitted proposals for almost 15-20 jobs but got not a single response. I just wanted to know the reason.
I will be greatful if you review my profile as well and indentify any changes i should make.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

I can tell you some of the reasons. 1) your profile. Remove "I'm from Pakistan" and "I have 2 years of experience" and "in my short time freelancing". Clients can tell where you are from - it's on your profile. Never discuss your lack of experience. Rather, focus on what you bring to the table. Why should a client pick you over the thousands of others who have more experience and who have been on the platform longer? The first 2 lines are what a client sees so make sure they stand out.

2) Your proposals. Again they have to stand out, not focus on your lack of experience but what you can do for the client. Be picky about the types of jobs you spend your connects on. 

3) Attitude. Try to stay positive. Once you apply to a job, move on. It's out of your hands.

Good luck!

Thanks Robin, I highly appreciate your review.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members