cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not paid by a client

Emelita D Member Since: May 7, 2015
1 of 4

I was hired by a client **edited for Community Guidelines** and I was asked to work for 35 hours. After completing the total number of hours required he told me to email **edited for Community Guidelines**. I finished the job last May 03and sent an e-mail to the said e-mail address. Up until now I haven't received any reply or payment. Now I am currently working on the 2nd set of job. I only need to complete 14 hours and it's complete once again. I am worried that I will not get paid in this job. I've worked hard for it, I am wakeful because the schedule given to me was 6 PM - 10 AM. I hope somebody can help me solve this problem.

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
2 of 4

Were you hired by the client through Upwork before starting the job? If so, is it a fixed rate job or hourly? The hourly jobs are guaranteed. Do not start on a fixed rate job until the client sets up the first milestone. 

If you were not hired by the contact before starting the job, you will more than likely not get paid. Is the second part you are working on for the same client?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 4
Hourly jobs are not guaranteed unless certain conditions have been met. For instance, you can lose money by not entering memos in your work diary.
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 4

If you logged hours using the Odesk Team App and entered memo notes of what you were working on, and he has a verified payment method then you should had nothing to worry about. The hours should show in your Diary.

If he has no verified payment method then stop work immediately and contact customer service.

Your profile does not show you having been hired for anything and no work in progress. Contact Support immediately.

I researched his email address and he is known for scamming contractors. Be very careful and stop work. Here is one link. I suggest you do more research.

http://monte4kaye.blogspot.ca/

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS