🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not received money
Page options
memoari
Community Member

Not received money

Hey. I completed the work and when I completed it, the system wrote that the contract was suspended and they did not pay my money. what could be the problem?

12 REPLIES 12
robin_hyman
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:

Hey. I completed the work and when I completed it, the system wrote that the contract was suspended and they did not pay my money. what could be the problem?

Is this for a fixed-price project or hourly?  If fixed-price, was the money in escrow before you started and completed the job.  If hourly, did you use the desktop time tracker app or manual tracker?  If manual, I'm afraid payment is not guaranteed.  

It was a payment for the project.

Konstantin D wrote:
It was a payment for the project.

Yes, I gathered that from your post.  If you want to know if you'll get paid, we'll need more information to help you. 

so what information to give you?

petra_r
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:
so what information to give you?

Was the contract fixed rate or hourly. Was it funded if fixed, did you use the tracker if hourly?

Can you see the amount on your "Reports > Overview" page?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

memoari
Community Member

it was a fixed payment.
he was funded
petra_r
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:
it was a fixed payment.
he was funded

Have you clicked on "submit work for payment" when you sent the work to the client?

If yes, when?

Look at the above flowchart: When in your Reports > Overview Page can you see the money at this moment in time?

memoari
Community Member

yes, clicked. already sent a request twice.
I sent you screenshots of this deal
petra_r
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:
yes, clicked. already sent a request twice.

STOP CLICKING ON IT!!!!!

The funds are automatically released 14 days after you request the release of the escrow funds by clicking on the "Aubmit for payment" button.

Every time you click on it again, you start the 14 day countdown AGAIN from 0!

memoari
Community Member

but it says there
"Contract placed on hold"
petra_r
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:
but it says there
"Contract placed on hold"

That does not (necessarily or even likely) mean that you will not be paid.

When you go to your Reports > Overview page, do you see the money under the "In Review" tab?

In that case just do absolutely nothing and wait until the 14 days are up (from the LAST time, you clicked on the submit button)

Do **NOT** touch anything else. Simply wait. After the 14 days the funds should move to Pending and then eventually to available after another 5 days.

puckrobin
Community Member

Konstantin D wrote:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Is-the-contract-paused-or-suspended/m-p/417931#M254463

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths