Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Interview offers from clients

a_binns
Ashley B Member Since: Jan 8, 2016
1 of 7

Hi all! 

I just joined Upwork last month, and am new to this. On Friday, I was receiving loads of offers from clients without me submitting a proposal for the job they were hiring. And then all of a sudden, they just stopped and I noticed it yesterday. I just received a badge of Rising Talent and don't know if this had anything to do with it or not, but Friday my upwork app on my phone was going off, and now there is nothing. Anyone know why this could be and what I can do to fix this? Thanks in Advance for your feedback! 🙂 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

Ashley: You are an Upwork newbie with zero hours and zero jobs completed.

You should NOT expect to receive legitimate invitations until you have successfully completed many jobs and until you have presented yourself as a professional contractor with specialized expertise.

Any invitations you receive now are almost certainly from scammers. For now, you will need to apply to jobs.

a_binns
3 of 7

Yes...I kind of figured that one out with the lovely yahoo messenger interview invitiaon! LOL  Why does upwork allow scammers on here? Is there a screening process for clients? 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 7

Welome to Upwork Ashley!

Not sure if Rising Talent has anything to do with it, but there's an ebb and flow to these invites and recommendations that I just don't get. 

I basically just go along for the ride. 🙂 

And January is a weird month it seems. It might pick up again when you aren't expecting it to! 🙂 

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 7

I guess the rising talent badge is just a sign for scammers that one have grown enough to not being naive anymore, and that they'd better prey on fresh meat.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
a_binns
6 of 7

Thanks Mariska for the reply! It was really nice to have my phone buzzing off all day friday with invites although they were scammers, it definately gave me some quick expereince! LOL 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
7 of 7

yw Ashley! 🙂 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS