cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Invitations to Interview

Muhammad W Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
1 of 9

Hi all,

I have a problem hope you guys can help me regarding this.

I am a top rated freelancer with 96% job success and aspecting more new jobs and inviations to interview,but getting nothing from last few weeks.

Before becoming a top rated i received atleast 3 to 4 invites per week but now its stop like i am not on this flatform anymore......
A top rated will recieve more jobs , more invites . I m getting just nothing.

Why this happening to me?

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 9

@ Muhammad W. --

Invitations come... they go. Sometimes I receive three or four invitations in a week, then I can go two or three weeks with no invitations at all. (Check my profile -- I am Top-Rated, etc.)  It's just due to the cycling of profiles by Upwork and to the vicissitudes of... whatever.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
3 of 9

What Janean said, plus - most invitations are spam. I get a handful a week and I only respond to about 1% of them because they're usually ridiculously low budgets for an ill-defined project, or not related to my field in any way. You're really not missing out on anything.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
4 of 9

Yeah, for sure...I agree with these observations. I was so inundated in January that I couldn't keep up; this month I've had to actively seek work to fill in the gaps. I think we get cycled as "prominent" on clients' feeds or searches...sometimes we come up, sometimes we don't...that's just a matter of visibility.

Muhammad W Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
5 of 9

You guys are right but the point the i am not getting new jobs as applied to relevant jobs to my skills. That's why i feel that my profile visibility is not good or something went wrong.

Well thank you guys.

Kevin S Member Since: Oct 3, 2016
6 of 9

Muhammad, are you getting interviews or responses from your proposals now, or still not getting any luck like me?

Hristina B Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
7 of 9

Hi all..
Muhammad, I have the same problem. I thought that when I become Top rated things will chane on better, but from that day till now, I only got 2, maybe 3 invitations. Before I used to get 3-4 invitation every week.
And on my proposals for jobs, 99% i don't get responses..

Prashant C Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
8 of 9

I am a top rated freelance and also have an agency profile. Why is that I haven't received any invitations so far in last 1 year or more. 

Ryan C Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
9 of 9

I feel you guys!!! I 'was' a top rated freelancer here in Upwork and I seldom receive any invitations from clients. Now that my job score went down to 85% I find it harder to get more jobs. I even don't have any active contracts at the moment and when I apply to jobs (which was posted less than a minute ago) I still don't get interviews from clients. I am feeling hopeless but hopefully things will change sooner. :-(

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS