🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not receiving a reply on submitted propos...
Page options
vinod111
Community Member

Not receiving a reply on submitted proposals since many days, Can we have read receipt feature?

Hello Upwork,

I am one of the most experienced freelancer here. I have seen and enjoyed the journey from Odesk to Upwork. I have adopted many changes done time by time on Upwork but since you have rolled out the new Paid Connect feature then the things are not turning out good. Cause before that I was able to get a response for my submitted proposals but nowadays since last many days, I haven't received a response on any single proposal I have submitted. 

I am not against the Paid connects feature and happy to buy them when required but don't know why I am unable to get a reply on proposals. I think Upwork can start showing read receipt for the submitted proposals so that at least we can have a confirmation that the client has read it.

I think there are many freelancers who are facing the same problem so please check out if there any technical issue or do something about it.

Thanks,

Vinod

3 REPLIES 3
varungs
Community Member

• More freelancers are discovering Upwork
  • The tech field is becoming increasingly saturated, thus every new job listing has tens of proposals to it within a few minutes

Demand is never stagnant. It's an ever-changing market force. You need to step up your game. It's definitely not some sort of technical error.

That being said... You've received jobs worth thousands of dollars in the last two months, so I'm not 100% sure why you're complaining. You're quite successful compared to the vast majority of freelancers on here, not to mention the newbies like me who have to apply to (potentially) hundreds of jobs to make their first thousand bucks.

vinod111
Community Member

That being said... You've received jobs worth thousands of dollars in the last two months, so I'm not 100% sure why you're complaining. You're quite successful compared to the vast majority of freelancers on here, not to mention the newbies like me who have to apply to (potentially) hundreds of jobs to make their first thousand bucks.

Those are my previous clients who sometimes give me work. I have earned them when I was able to get a reply on proposals. I am talking about the current situation. 

Anyways as you have started a recently then you have a long way to climb and I wish good luck. When you will reach this position then you can understand this situation.

lamont2019
Community Member

I think you have valid point Vinod, it would be nice to know if the potential client has at least read the proposal, then if they still didn't respond, you can move on knowing that you were at least not overlooked. Sometimes you just don't know if the proposal was even looked at because you don't hear from the client at all! Why wouldn't that be an easy feature for Upwork to add?!! That doesn't seem like too much to ask!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members