🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receiving invites for jobs
Page options
amit_siwach
Community Member

Not receiving invites for jobs

Hi Team,

I am working on Upwork since last more than one & half years. I am not receiving invitations for the last many months. Priorly, I used to receive almost 1 invitation on a daily basis.  When I am bidding on new jobs by boosting my proposals, most of the jobs are going to people whom clients have sent invites. It seems my profile is not being boosted.

I don't understand what's happening. Kindly guide me.  

Reagrds,

Amit Kumar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. I was able to locate your profile in the search results as seen here. Please note that various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, in part to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, and platform ratings, as well as other elements geared towards determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
759e32fa

Hi Amit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any invites or offers. Please know that we are not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories.

You can also create additional Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for replying. I agree that Upwork is not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to. But I feel Upwork is privy to showing Freelancers' profiles when clients search for Freelancers.

I have specialized profiles on my account. I have created Project catalogs, which are approved by Upwork. And it's not that -  fewer demands for jobs that fall under my selected skill set (as mentioned by you). In my skill-set matching job, clients are sending invites to other freelancers but I am not getting any single invite. I am unable to figure out after completing $5k+ earnings & having Top rated badge, with 96% JSS...how can I not get even a single invite.

Please check. I would be thank full to you!

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. I was able to locate your profile in the search results as seen here. Please note that various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, in part to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, and platform ratings, as well as other elements geared towards determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Moderator Annie Jane B - , is there any update?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kumar

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

None of us are getting invitations anymore... or jobs... 

natashyab
Community Member

I am finding the exact same problem, this is obviously a change internally, as I too have been used to recieving regular daily, and qualified invites for the past two years straight, and that has dropped to basically zero in the last month.  I have a JSS of 100%, Top Rated Plus, have done over $200k of work here in the last couple years, so there is nothing that has changed on my end.  

I hope you start listening to some of the freelancers on here as the changes you have recently made have not been remotely positive for a good lot of us.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Amit K.,

I would say my invitations to new projects are down by at least 50%, probably more, since last year. The flow of invitations has always been inconsistent from day to day, but this is obviously a new pattern. Maybe the growth in new clients has slowed - many of my jobs came from clients who hadn't used Upwork before.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Same here, I would get 20-30 invites a week a couple years ago. I now get around 10 a week. Here are my thoughts on it:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Read-Connects-Boost-amp-Invitations/m-p/1190888#M718741

carter-stuart_da
Community Member

I have the same problem, a few weeks ago I got a bad review from a client who was expecting me to work when I didn't have time after waiting 3 weeks after accepting the contract for him to send me the file. 

When he sent me the file I had already accepted new work and didn't have time to work on the project. 

I told him that things had changed and I cannot just sit around waiting for 3 weeks and be available when he feels like it. 

Long story short, he gave me a bad review after not even working for him just having a open contract, I asked Upwork to delete the review and after that my invitations hav dropped to almost 0, I only get invitations from passed clients and I was wondering, why?

Any suggestions?

anastasiabeam
Community Member

Oh, the same problem. But I do not even used to receive any invites. Therefore, I concluded the competition is too high so the circle will never reach me haha. So keep sending them proposals.

Hi,

Yeah, I think I should pay attention to sending proposals again, maybe I just got used to having it easy and getting invitations all the time, but most of my best jobs came through invitations.

But hey I dint get all my 300+ jobs due to invitations either, I have submitted some pretty good proposals in the past. 

Thanks for your answer!

praina
Community Member

Same here.

Was receiving the **Edited for Community Guidelines** client's invitations before, and now it's like **Edited for Community Guidelines** clients I am getting the invitation from and nonskills-related invites.

Sending proposals now is another big issue! 
Boosting proposals with 50-60 connects each, the not being viewed by the clients then, it burning the money for nothing in return!

--
Regards
Pawan Kumar | Certified Marketing Professional
iNFIN Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
e_huma-s_zill
Community Member

You can try to address these issues by improving your profile, building a strong portfolio, and actively seeking new clients by bidding on relevant jobs. It could be due to a few reasons that you're not receiving job invitations on Upwork. Some potential reasons include:
Competition
Profile visibility
Feedback and ratings

amit_siwach
Community Member

Hi Team,

This is extremely said that I am not receiving invitations for the last 2 months. Priorly, I used to receive almost 1 invitation on a daily basis.  When I am bidding on new jobs by boosting my proposals, most of the jobs are going to people whom clients have sent invites. It seems my profile is not being boosted.

I don't understand what's happening. Kindly look into the matter.  

Reagrds,

Amit Kumar

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members