🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receiving job invites
Page options
noumanjavaid786
Community Member

Not receiving job invites

Hey there!

I started working on upwork 4 days ago and received a order by submitting proposals. But one thing which I observed is I'm not receiving any job invites. Whereas in my stats it says you haven't receive any invitation in past 90 days. 

I was a bit confused why is it like that? Is it because of something wrong with my profile settings. Please let me know if I can make any changes in my profile and get invitations for jobs. 

4 REPLIES 4
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Nouman, There is nothing wrong with your profile. It is very normal not to receive invites at the beginning of your Upwork journey. 

New freelancers have to get a couple of contracts on their own [mostly] and after successfully finishing them with nice feedbacks, they start to get noticed and receive more job invites.

I hope this helps, Wish you the best of luck!

Youssef

kubatsson
Community Member

Hi there. As I can see you are a newbie on Upwork. While you're a newbie, receiving job invitations is not that often. You will probably get 1-2 invitations in 2 months or so. They will probably invite you to work for less money than you're expecting, but that's how things on Upwork work in the early phase.

To clarify, don't expect a lot of invitations, you have to find a job on your own. Also if you set your profile to private, clients won't be able to invite you, because they can't find you.

The weird thing is, I am a top-rated plus freelancer, and actively working on the projects, sending proposals, etc. 
I was receiving invitations in the past but haven't received any new invitations for months. (my profile shows I got only 9 invitations in the last 90 days, and that is about to be 0 soon ).

I really have no idea what is going on. 
Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong???
Any advice or ideas???

Hi,

I am also suffering the same problem, applied 50+ times, but still no response 😞

Thanks

Ahmad

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members