🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not receiving messages from client OR ema...
Page options
l_tharney
Community Member

Not receiving messages from client OR emails to let me know that the client has sent me a message

Hello - 

I am hoping someone can help.  I recently started working with a new client - and things seemed fine initially.  A little over a week ago, though, I stopped receiving messages that the client sent to me. 

No message notification on my mobile, no message visible when I checked on the Upwork platform, and no email notification that I had been sent a message.

Days later, when I was logged in to Upwork on my laptop, I saw that there was an old message waiting. 

I have checked my notification settings, all seem fine - and I am receiving messages from other clients.

This may have just cost me a good client - any helpful suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks - 

Laura

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting notifications. I understand how important it is to be able to check any new messages from clients and respond to them on time. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies?

As for your mobile app, please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for the reply!

I cleared cookies and cache after this issue started, and I double-checked
the settings on my mobile, and they are correct.

More confusing to me is that the issue is only with a single client, I
received notifications from others during the time period in issue without
a problem.

Is there something else you can suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for updating, and for the additional information. I have shared this with our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you!
75ccad19
Community Member

yes I am not getting messages from client

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members