🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receiving messages - not sure mine are be...
Page options
alexburgoyne
Community Member

Not receiving messages - not sure mine are being sent - deadline today

Hi all, 

Couldn't find a thread about this already, apologies if I missed it. 

So right now I have 3 active clients and another 2 I'm interviewing with. All 5 I have been speaking with daily. 

I now haven't received any client messages for almost 48 hours - highly unusual. I checked Upwork's issues tracker and I can see there are apparently issues with messages right now. 

For 2 of these clients I have a deadline today. I submitted both pieces of work this morning via Upwork message system, but as I've received no responses I'm worried that they've not received my messages and think I have simply disappeared. 

What can be done to address this and help ensure I don't have issues with my clients as a result? I don't have any other contact details for my clients outside of Upwork unfortunately. 

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to clarify that the issue you're referring to that was posted on Upwork status page and which has since been resolved was about errors showing when accessing attachments in Messages. Messages themselves were still delivered to and from users as normal.

I have also checked your Messages and can confirm that they are showing normally on your clients' side. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Perfect, thanks Valeria. Must have just been a strange coincidence, thanks for letting me know! Two of the clients have since got back to me. Thanks for your help! 

This has also making me wonder if clients are being notified of messages. Suddenly many have gone awol, or else they could have been superbusy. But if it is the former, then it is a concern that needs to be addressed.

Hi Zeeshan,

Just to clarify, as Valeria already confirmed the error was for attachments. The messages were delivered and clients were able to view them and reply. 
The problem with the attachments has also been resolved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members