cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving pay from upwork although client had paid

Highlighted
Sarah R Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
1 of 6

So around January 20th, I completed my project for someone. I even logged hours just incase. She gave me the payment confirmation via escrows, and I clicked on get paid after we ended the contract. It says that my balance is $36.00 and that I have received my payment. But it has not been transferred to my credit card. What gives? I would love to work as freelancer and pick up more jobs on Upwork, but if I can't even get my first payment, that would be extremely upsetting. I hope there's a solution to this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 6

If the milestone was approved on January 20, then your funds wouldn't have become available until January 25. Even if you clicked "get paid" immediately after the funds became available, today is the first business/banking day after the 25th, so it's not at all surprising that the deposit hasn't processed yet. Depending on the bank or service you're using, it can take a few days.

Highlighted
Naomi D Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
3 of 6

I am in a similar situation, and it looks as though funds less than $100 will not be released. Is that correct?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 6

Naomi, funds less than $100 are not paid AUTOMATICALLY on your pay date. However, you can click "get paid now" and transfer them any time you want, as long as they're in the "available" column.

Highlighted
Naomi D Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
5 of 6

Ah, good to know!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Sarah, 

It looks like you withdrew your earnings to your payment method on file, last 28-January, UTC. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers typically take between 2 to 5 business days. If the amount still hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, you may update this thread, and we'll ask the assistance of the Customer Support Team so that they can issue a trace for you. 

For more information about direct to local bank transfers (U.S. banks), you may read up here, and here.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS