🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receving job invites
Page options
shweta008
Community Member

Not receving job invites

Hello everyone!

Can someone please help in knowing is there any change in the process of receiving the invitations? I have been receving regular invites but since last few weeks (about to be a month) I have not got a single invitation. Wondering what could be the possible reason?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shweta D wrote:

Thank you for your response Martina. Could you please elaborate in what sense the algorithm is changed so that I can improve more or work accodingly?

That is nothing you could influence. Upwork changes the order in which freelancers appear in search results so that everyone gets a chance to appear higher up. The way I see it, it does not matter if you are top rated, how much you have earned, or if you have any earnings at all. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shweta D wrote:

Hello everyone!

Can someone please help in knowing is there any change in the process of receiving the invitations? I have been receving regular invites but since last few weeks (about to be a month) I have not got a single invitation. Wondering what could be the possible reason?

Thank you

The search algorithm changes on a regular basis, plus clients have to pay now if they want to send out more than 3 invitations. 

Thank you for your response Martina. Could you please elaborate in what sense the algorithm is changed so that I can improve more or work accodingly?

Shweta D wrote:

That is nothing you could influence. Upwork changes the order in which freelancers appear in search results so that everyone gets a chance to appear higher up. The way I see it, it does not matter if you are top rated, how much you have earned, or if you have any earnings at all. 

Martina P wrote:

The way I see it, it does not matter if you are top rated, how much you have earned, or if you have any earnings at all. 

Not true, Several factors determine how frequently you cycle to the (relative) top of the results and almost certainly also how long you stay up there.

JSS is one very strong factor, but you also tend to get more invites when you actively apply (it tells the algorithm that you are available for work) and so on.

Hi Petra, thank you for your message. Yes, I did replied within 24 hours for all my invitation and have accepted / declined few invitation based on requirements.

My JSS score seems fine still I am not receiving the invitation and its been a month now? Do you know any possible solution for this?

I have same problem can i get some help here ?  i would like to know when will i receive invites from clients? as i believe i have good enough profile to get 2-4 invites to begin with even per week. also is 82% JSS is not good enough to get invites if not how can i increase it as i see i have got good feedbacks as well? What else could be the reason? Thank you!

Monika R wrote:

i would like to know when will i receive invites from clients? 

Don't rely on invites.

Monika R wrote:

i believe i have good enough profile to get 2-4 invites to begin with even per week.

based on what?

Monika R wrote:

is 82% JSS is not good enough to get invites 

Do a search for freelancers in your category and check how many freelancers with a JSS in the 80s that search brings up. 

Monika R wrote:

how can i increase it 

Complete contracts with happy clients who loved working with you.

Hi Monika, I understand your concern as I have gone through the same issue. I belive since last few months upwork updated the algorithm for search criteria so that all freelancers get the chance to enjoy the invites. So based on the algorithm your profile will be shown on some week, now it totally depends on the client if they would like to send you the invites or not. Though you can check your Stats by going to "Find Work - My Stats" menu. This will help you to know your profile visits stastics and based on this you can update your profile description more relevant and improve.

JSS does contribute in this so give your best and deliver the work.

For the past three years I have been maintaining the top rated badge and highest JSS simultaneously in between 95% & 100%, and still have a current 100% job success score and top rated badge.

As a result, I'm just afraid to see "You replied to 1 of 1 invitations to apply in the past 90 days"

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Schweta, I have been on UW for almost three years, and the frequency of getting invitations ebbs and flows more or less in keeping with the factors Martina and Petra have pointed out.

When I am busy (I work both on and off UW), I don't send proposals here and I start receiving fewer invitations. When I need more work, I send more proposals. Around the same time that I get busy again, I start getting more invitations (which I then have to turn down). 

lysis10
Community Member

I agree with others that you gotta go out and bid in the open marketplace a bit to see invitations. I'm getting less invitations these days but they are also better targeted when I do get them so that's kinda nice.

05dca321
Community Member

The last month or so, Upwork have been limiting the number of invitations a client can make to a job post. I can literally invite only 3 -5 contractors to a job post now unless I pay a large fee to upwork

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members