🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not recieving any invitations or views
Page options
6db1f749
Community Member

Not recieving any invitations or views

Hi,

I am a top rated developer on upwork and for last 7 days i am not getting any invitation and my views are nulled too . Can any one assist me on this.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
dustin_slack
Community Member

Hi Bilal, if it's any help, I've been top rated plus 100% jss (graphic designer) since way before Upwork implemented these ridiculous changes. Connect boosts, 10 free connects a month (oh how generous), consultations, project catalogs... my work is in my profile! Clients aren't dumb, they might need direction or need advice and might not know exactly what they are looking for, but they aren't dumb. Why are clients going to pay for a consultation when they can just message me and if it looks good, my type of client, project, or design style, I'll respond, for free. What does Upwork think they are getting out of this? 

I haven't been receiveing invitations or landing jobs like I used to. I started noticing it about 3-4 months ago. It used to be like I'd snap my fingers and there was a good job at hand (even when I wasn't top rated plus!). Now it's nothing. I've been complaining to Upwork support about this for about a month, but I'm to be assured, these changes are working and are great for freelancers. I'm just not seeing it and I can't be the only freelancer not getting the same amount of work they used to get, not even close. I can't be alone in this. 

Let me know if you're experiencing similar things or feel the same way or if you have a different opinion. I'm just trying to understand what is going on. I used to be able to make a living straight through Upwork. Currently, it's impossible. I've been using Upwork since like 2016 or back when it was Freelancer. I've never had such a hard time getting work while being top rated plus at 100% jss. Something is amiss and it has to be these recent (within the last 9 months) changes to the platform. 

I don't know man, just frustrated. I put in so much work and so much effort to increase my jss to 100% and become top rated plus in my field. Now it feels like I did all that work for nothing. 

Also, the less us freelancers get work, the less Upwork gets their cut of our pay. I think the think they aren't looking at the fact that we (freelancers, clients, and Upwork) rely on each other. Which is why none of these changes make any sense. If I'm not making money on Upwork then Upwork isn't making money from me. 

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and hang in there man!

Dusty

ArjayM

Hi Bilal,

I have checked and I can see several views on your account in the past seven days. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths