🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not showing in searches at all! Not by na...
Page options
ilie_cristian
Community Member

Not showing in searches at all! Not by name and not by skills. What to do?

Hi! I am a top rated freelancer on the platform for a while and a few days ago I just stopped receiving invitations.

I did some changes to my description a while ago but I don't know if that is the reason. I don't appear even if I search my name. The profile is set to public. 

Is there something I can do? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Cristian I wrote:

Hi! I am a top rated freelancer on the platform for a while and a few days ago I just stopped receiving invitations.

I did some changes to my description a while ago but I don't know if that is the reason. I don't appear even if I search my name. The profile is set to public. 

I searched (from my client account) with filters (location and money earned and hourly rate) and found you in 3rd place

found you.jpg

One suggestion: You want to be more reactive to invites.

Now, most clients can only invite 3 freelancers unless they pay, it is rude to not respond or to respond days after the event.

I am also pretty sure (but do not 100% know this for a fact) that having a poor responsiveness score will not help your search placing. Why would Upwork promote a freelancer for invites who can't be bothered to respond?

poor responsiveness to invitespoor responsiveness to invites

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Cristian I wrote:

I searched (from my client account) with filters (location and money earned and hourly rate) and found you in 3rd place

found you.jpg

One suggestion: You want to be more reactive to invites.

Now, most clients can only invite 3 freelancers unless they pay, it is rude to not respond or to respond days after the event.

I am also pretty sure (but do not 100% know this for a fact) that having a poor responsiveness score will not help your search placing. Why would Upwork promote a freelancer for invites who can't be bothered to respond?

poor responsiveness to invitespoor responsiveness to invites

I am working on that, I had some problems a while ago when I was a bit unresponsive. But since then I've been answering the invites within a day, it just didn't update yet. I don't know how long that takes. 

Anyways, thank you so much! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members