🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not showing "Previous Client" anymore in job ...
Page options
mandar_gharat
Community Member

Not showing "Previous Client" anymore in job post

Hello Everyone,

Earlier if a new job was posted by a client/clients with whom you had worked earlier then in that new job post "Previous Client" used to appear but it is not showing it anymore. Is anyone having same issue? 

Thanks,

Mandar G

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

A fix has been implemented for this issue. You should start seeing Previous Client banners again. Please, let us know if you still don't see them and we'll check. 

Thank you for your patience as we were working on this.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
joynul33
Community Member

I think the It will show. Sometimes I saw this type of jobs. Thanks for your query....

Joynul
JoanneP

Hi Mandar,

I checked your account and upon checking your search filters, you have not enabled the "My Previous Clients" option. Please see screenshot below:

image.png

Please log in to your account and go here to view this setting. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Mandar,

I checked your account and upon checking your search filters, you have not enabled the "My Previous Clients" option. Please see screenshot below:

Please log in to your account and go here to view this setting. Thank you!

No, what Mandar was referring to was that in the job feed the flag "previous client" does not appear any more, I noticed that too.

Exactly. "Previous Client" is NOT being flagged in my job listings anymore.

Do any moderators know why this is? I'd really like an answer.

Hi Bettye,

I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenience. I would just like to confirm, have you tried doing the steps that Joanne posted above? If yes, please let me know if you see any errors. We would be waiting for your reply. 

Hi Mandar,

image.png

Please log in to your account and go here to view this setting. Thank you!

~ Riri

Riri, what you and JoAnn are referring to here is a separate feature from what the OP was asking about. It wasn't a filter, but previously a blue-boxed line of text that showed up on the entry in our feeds if the job poster was a previous client.

Hi Joanne & all others,

Thank you all for your replies. I tried by enabling the "My Previous Clients" option but haven't saw "My Previous Clients" in the job post. 

What i was asking was that previously in job post if a client with whom we have worked earlier then "Previous Client" used to appear below Payment verified and countries name of the client. I haven't saw it lately.

Regards,

Mandar G

I've also noticed this, it used to indicate previous client in in a blue box and had a link the project you worked on previously, that is no longer the case

Hi Christopher, Mandar, Tiffany and Bettye,

I see where you guys are coming from now. Apologies, it took me a while. If I'm correct, I tried replicating my own contracts just a few minutes ago and it looks like it's working for me, please check below screen grab if this is it. It would really be helpful if possible, can someone send me an example if we're still not seeing our previous clients newly posted contracts via PM? Please click on my name and send me a message. This is appreciated, by the way. I'll watch out for any updates.

image.png

~ Riri

Riri, I'm really not interested in checking off "previous client" in the demographics to look for previous clients (FYI, when I did do that, I only recognized one of the three clients listed; I actually went through the history of one of the two remaining jobs and did not see my name anywhere. Also, the "previous client" words did not appear on any of the three jobs.) My inquiry is what happened to the "previous client" tip-off that used to appear in my job listings. I checked this just now. It's. Still. Not. Working.

According to this thread, this has been going on for at least several days, and I'm amazed that a) nothing has been done about it, and b) that incorrect solutions were given, not once, but TWICE. 

I'm not getting that any more, I tried 3 different browsers to make sure it wasn't a browser issue.

Screenshot from May 11, 2019 10_12 AM.png

Hi Christopher and Bettye,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue. I shared your report with our team and they are currently investigating the issue. Feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for replying and forwarding the issue to the cocern team to look into it. I have tried what was suggested above but still i am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Mandar 

I just received a direct invitation from a previous client (from a couple of years ago).  Nowhere does it indicate that I have worked with her before.  While this contract added to the previous one will not likely hit the $500 mark to reduce the fee to 10%, this is concerning.

Nevermind.  Same first name and very similar last name, but upon researching it is two different people!

Hi Mandar, Christopher, Martina, Bettye and Tiffany, 

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Still isn't fixed...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettye,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here. Please do follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bundie702
Community Member

I got the client name, the contract number, a screen shot showing that I'd done previous work for the client, and then when I went to get a screenshot of the current listing to show that there is no longer a "Previous Client" box, it had disappeared. In the space of 5 minutes, I might add.

So I guess this won't ever get fixed and I'll have to learn not to have previous clients flagged anymore. 

[Sigh...]

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettye, 

Could you please share the Contract ID for your previous contract with this client so that I'll see if I can pull up anything from there? Let me know!

~ Avery
Upwork

I have just had an invitation from a previous client and that isn't showing either in the job offer.  

Has anything further been done about this? 

Hello Everyone,

During this whole issue i was contacted by the moderator Aleksandar and helped to resolve the issue but at that time i didnt had any previous client job post or any screenshots to share so we had to close that case in private message but now i have seen a job post by the cilent with whom i have worked earlier and still on that job post it's not showing 'previous cleint'

Regards,

Mandar G

Thank you for following up, Mandar.

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the information you're referring to.

I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for replying, Bojan.

I will send you the details of the job post i am talking about

Thanks,

Mandar 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

A fix has been implemented for this issue. You should start seeing Previous Client banners again. Please, let us know if you still don't see them and we'll check. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Thank you for replying and updating about the fix but unfortunately i am still unable to see the Previous Client banners. I tried by deleting cookies and clearing cache files but still unable to see the Previous Client banners.

Thanks,

Mandar

Mandar G wrote:

Thank you for replying and updating about the fix but unfortunately i am still unable to see the Previous Client banners.

I see it on new jobs posted since they fixed it, just not on older ones.

Now it is fixed, you'll see it on freshly posted job posts.

Hello Petra,

Thanks for replying and updating more details of the issue. I was checking on old ones and could not see the Previous Client banners on it. As you mentioned it appears on new jobs so i will have to wait see if it appears or not once any of previous client posts a job.

Thanks,

Mandar

Hello Everyone,

I just saw a new job post and Previous client banner appeared on it. Thanks to all the Moderators for looking in this issue and forwarding it to the concern team. Thank you to the Upwork engineering team for fixing this issue.

Thanks,

Mandar 

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

It seems the banners have gone missing again.  Is this another covert Upwork "test" or is it the same gremlin coming up again?

It's a real handy feature as it shows your last contract, but now it's poof, gone!

Hi David,

I checked and found that we do have a known bug that causes Previous Client tags to go missing. Our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible and I'll also flag this thread to them. Meanwhile, I believe you should still be able to do a search using Previous Clients filter to see what jobs clients you've worked with before have posted. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi David,

I checked and found that we do have a known bug that causes Previous Client tags to go missing. Our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible and I'll also flag this thread to them. Meanwhile, I believe you should still be able to do a search using Previous Clients filter to see what jobs clients you've worked with before have posted. 

Thank you for updating this, could you please post this and other "known bugs" on the official Upwork announcements along with how long you've known about said bugs and what you're doing to fix them?  A little transparency goes a long way and FLs can adapt the ways in which they work if they are informed about the "known bugs".

Perhaps you could add a notice on the https://status.upwork.com/ section (I did check there and there's no mention of this or any other 'known bugs".

I appreciate your feedback, David. We'll consider adding an area in the Community dedicated to bugs. We had such area in the Community a few years ago, however, we saw that it wasn't productive and wasn't used much, so it was discontinued.

Community members are free to use Freelancers, Clients and Agencies sections of the Community to report bugs. Moderators will reply to these reports and forward them to the appropriate team. In most cases we will not be able to provide details and exact timing for when each issue is fixed.

Announcements section of the Community and the status page are reserved for larger releases, updates, changes, maintenance and outages.

Thank you. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

This is still a problem, "previous client" is not showing on job posts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths