cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not showing up in Search under my own name. Does anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sylvia B Member Since: Jun 9, 2009
11 of 11

Just an update and a big thank you to everyone who replied to my query.

Here is the official explanation through UpWork support below:

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.

I'm sorry to hear that your name is not showing on the list of Freelancers when searching for Freelancers that uses the name Sylvia B.

On your concern about your profile not searchable for users that were not log in on their Upwork account which is for the visitor side of the platform. The purpose of our visitor site is to give prospective Clients and Freelancers a feel for what Upwork has to offer so that they can decide whether to join our platform; it is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profiles available on Upwork. That's the role of the site which is only visible to our logged-in users. To optimize the experience of prospective Clients and Freelancers on our visitor site, we are sometimes selective about which jobs and profiles are visible.

We apologize if you are disappointed not to see your profile or job on the visitor site. However, you can rest easy knowing that the vast majority of job invitations and job applications stem from visibility on the logged-in user site, not on the visitor site. Therefore your success on Upwork will not be negatively impacted by this lack of visibility on the visitor site.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Cindy
High Value Support | Upwork.com (formerly oDesk.com)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS