cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to make out of it: Is it just me or do things normally work like that here?

yeechyeech
Cheyenne Y Member Since: Oct 14, 2021
1 of 21

And so I signed up for Upwork in July and diligently put up my profile. Made some headway when contacted by a Talent Manager and was interviewed for 'Expert-vetted'. Much was promised: access to exclusive jobs, invites to propose for such jobs, quality clients, Talent Managers who could match me with jobs, etc. and who I can communicate with. Sounds great, I say!

I was awarded the 'Expert-vetted' badge, sure enough. Along, later with something called the Talent Cloud, which possibly further enhance my chance at good jobs. Then, Upwork Skill Certificate.

Well, all these are good, except, I gain nothing out of it. It's been 3 months and I've not had a single invite to propose any jobs by "Fortune 500/Enterprise" clients. I've also tried to check in with the Talent Manager, initially post-interview via email which I was told I could do that if I had any questions. There was no reply. I initiated contact again today. Nothing.

Can someone communicate with me? Or at least tell me what's going on?

9f22c812
Ace Contributor
Lemya M Member Since: May 10, 2021
2 of 21

Oh Cheyenne, 

We don't get to see posts in the community from Expert-Vetted freelancers so often, so I don't think many people will relate to your problem. BUT, I would like to say that I got my "Top Rated" badge a few weeks ago, and I was so excited about all the promised stuff that "should" come with it. Yet, just like you, the badge added no noteworthy value to my freelancing experience on Upwork except its aesthetic one.

It looks great on my profile tho! yours looks better.

yeechyeech
3 of 21

lol!

Really? But glad to hear from you though Lemya M!

Hmm... don't see a lot of Expert-Vetted freelancers? Now it makes me feel kinda lonely here. haha

I'm 'supposed' to have a designated Talent Manager. She's kinda gone missing or something...

9f22c812
Ace Contributor
Lemya M Member Since: May 10, 2021
4 of 21

I hope some moderator here can help you find your Talent Manager haha. Or maybe you could try contacting the customer service directly using the "Get Support" button? they usually reply promptly. Good luck!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
5 of 21

Hi Cheyenne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We checked with the team and they've reached out to you to share more info and better support.

~Andrea
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
6 of 21

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Cheyenne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We checked with the team and they've reached out to you to share more info and better support.

Andrea, I was told (over a month ago) that I would get a "reach out" with more information as well, but never heard anything.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 21

Hi Christine, 

Let me go ahead and look into this. I'll come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 21

Hi Christine, 

The team will reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yeechyeech
9 of 21

Thank you Andrea G

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
10 of 21

Cheyenne Y wrote:

lol!

Really? But glad to hear from you though Lemya M!

Hmm... don't see a lot of Expert-Vetted freelancers? Now it makes me feel kinda lonely here. haha

I'm 'supposed' to have a designated Talent Manager. She's kinda gone missing or something...

I'm expert vetted (since July 2020), skill certified, and also in the Talent Scout program (since June of this year) and my experience has been similar to yours. I've had a few invitations as a result of EV (but never had any communication from my rep after the initial interview; I sent one follow-up email and, like you, never got a response) and I've only seen 2-3 graphic design jobs listed in the Talent Scout cloud in the past four months. I'm afraid that you'll just have to keep sending proposals and not expect much from either of these programmes. Try to qualify for the Top Rated + badge, if you can - my invitations went up significantly after I got that.

I do wonder why there's been so little mentioned about the EV or Talent Scout programmes in the forum, though. Maybe everyone except us is getting loads of work?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS