🐈 Community
nikolayblinov

Not top-rated any more with JSS 94%

I had always had Job Success Score 100% untill today. Today my JSS changed to 94% (due to the fact some of my clients didn't left me feedback) and I am not Top-rated any more.

The rule is that

Top Rated freelancers consistently maintain a 90%+ Job Success Score or Rising Talent status, or both, for 13 out of the last 16 weeks.

The fact is that I never had JSS less than 94%

Why has it happened, guys ?
47 REPLIES 47
lysis10

you got any account holds?

No, I've never had account holds

12-month earnings: *****
Feedback score (Last 12 months): 5.00
Clients who would recommend you: 100%
Long-term clients: 22%
Recent account holds: 0
Top Rated Eligible Weeks: 16 of 16

hmmmm that's weird. I think this is a case for the Valeria of JSS Pwnage.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikolay,

I have escalated your concern to the team. We'll investigate and update you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I noticed that there was a notification Profile completeness 95% and a link Add Certificates at My Stats page in spite the fact I have my certificates there.

Then I reload the page and Profile completeness turned out 100% again, and the link Add Certificates disappeared.

I guess this is the bug. Maybe this is the very reason my JSS fell down

Hi Nikolay,

JSS doesn't depend on Profile Completeness so that wouldn't cause your Score to decrease. That said, 100% is a requirement for Top Rated. We'll check if that could have resulted in your Top Rated badge to disappear temporarily.

~ Valeria
Upwork

And could you tell me or give a small hint why my JSS decreased ?

I was trying to be freelance angel for almost a year since I signed up on Upwork. You see my Stats

Is it thanks to those 3 irresponsive clients who approved the work, but didn't end the contracts and ignored my requests to leave me reviews ?

I complained of them to the support team. The support team told they sent them email with the request to leave review. But those guys successfully ingored the support team email too. 

It's very pitty Smiley Sad

Hi Nikolay,

I won't be able to tell why exactly your Job Success score changed and point out which contract influenced it in what way in order to protect the integrity of the score. There are a lot of factors both recent and over a longer period of time contribute to the Job Success score. You can learn more about it here.

Your Top Rated badge should be back within next 24 hours once your profile updates.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Missing feedback is only flagged when it represents a significant portion of your contracts.

What does significant portion mean ?

Long-term relationships are a plus and can help boost your score. But not having them won’t count against you.

If I have missing feedback for significant portion of the contract, will it be possible to restore my JSS to 100% with the help of the significant portion of the Long-term relationships?

Nikolay,

Having long-term relationships counts as a positive factor in your Job Success score and can help you raise it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

But will it work in my case ?

Can having long-term relationships level the negative impact of missing feedbacks so that I have 100% again ?

Hi Nikolay, 

We can't guarantee that the positive effect of long-term relationships will offset negative effects of other outcomes on your JSS but it can help improve it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria!

You are truly the most careful moderator here!

1. Is it important to keep high percentage of long term relasionships among all the contracts or high number of contract with one and the same the client ? ?

2. Right now I'm having the same trouble again. I have the following notification at My Stats
Profile completeness 95%
Add a Certification for +5%

Though I do have the certificates!

I am still top-rated. But I worry that I can drop out again as it was couple of days ago!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Nikolay,

I refreshed your profile and it's now 100% complete.

To your first question, a client can be counted as a long-term one on both a single contract or on a string of repeat contacts. A higher percentage of long-term clients can count positively towards your Job Success Score. 

Untitled

Hi, Vladimir!

No, it is not! Profile compliteness is still 95%.

Take a look at the screenshot!

Hi Nikolay,

I've updated your profile and it's 100% now. We have escalated it to our engineers and they are investigating why your profile completeness keeps changing.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Can you please check my profile also? Same issue i am facing from last two months. Once in week my profile completness drop 5% and after some hours i lost my top-rated badge also.  after 10 to 12 hours profile complenes back to 100% and top-rated badge also back:) Same issue came today. Please help.

Thanks

Hi Priyanka,

I refreshed your profile and it's now 100%. I'll also share the information you shared with the team to help them with the investigation.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Again,  My profile completness drop 5%.  Why this hepping everyday? Please  help.

Thanks

Priyanka, our engineers are still working on permanent solution for this issue. Meanwhile, I just updated your profile and it's at 100%.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

The same thing again!

Hello Valeria,

Again, My profile completness drop 5%. Why this hepping everyday?  Today, i got message from support team that issue now fixed but it not fixed yet. Please help.

Thanks

Hi Priyanka,

I'm sorry about the issue with your profile completeness. I see you are receiving assistance from our team on your open ticket, and our agent followed up on your message and updated the ticket about half an hour ago. Our team will continue to share information through your ticket so please keep checking for further updates.

Untitled

Thanks for quick response Vladimir. Can u please refresh my profile like Valeria did untill not fixed. 

Hi Priyanka,

Sorry, I didn't inform you earlier that I've already refreshed your profile and it's showing as 100% complete.

Untitled

Thanks Vladimir.

My profile completeness drop 5% today. Could you please fix it again?

Hi Priyanka,

I refreshed your profile and it's again fully complete. I'm sorry about the annoyance.

Untitled

Thanks Vladimir.

My profile completeness drop 5% and today I lost my my Top Rated status again. Could you fix it again manually?

Hi Nikolay,

I updated your profile and it's now 100% complete. I'm sorry about the frustration, our team is working on resolving this issue.

Untitled

My profile completeness drop 5% and today I lost my my Top Rated status again. Could you fix it again manually?

Hi Nikolay,

I've updated your profile and it's again 100% complete. Thank you for your continued patience.

Untitled

Hi. Vladimir

Thank you, but... the topic bug happened agan.

I have always top-rated and now I am not Top-rated any more.
The fact is that I never had JSS less than 94%. I’ve never had account holds too

Ny Stats

Help me please!

I reach out to you more often than to my best frineds. No kidding!

Hi Nikolay,

Your Top Rated status should be back within 24 hours. Unfortunately, it's taking longer than we wish it did to implement long-term solution for this issue and I understand the frustration this is causing. Rest assured that our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I haven't restored my Top-rated status yet, but I already have other repeating bug. My profile completeness is 95%

Hi Nikolay,

I've refreshed your profile. This issue should be resolved soon so I'd like to ask you for your patience for a few more days.

Thank you.

Untitled

My profile completeness is 100% now.  Thank you s much.

But I am still not Top Rated

Hello!

Yesterday you promised that my Top Rated status should be back within 24 hours. But I am still out of Top Rated.

I totally understand that your guys are fixing it, but I am suffering when I am not Top Rated. I simply can't get work and losing my money.

Learning Paths