🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not winning jobs
Page options
jagritiparihar
Community Member

Not winning jobs

Hi,
I'm bit new to upwork and despite submitting many proposals, I am not winning jobs. I'm not understanding where am I lacking.
Please help!
8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Look at your profile headline:

"Graphic Designer | Web Developer | SEO"

There are a million people like that.

Why should a client hire you instead of one of the million other people doing the same thing?

My advice:

Be something different.

Specialize.

Stand out.

Thanks for your reply!

But this is the work I do and doing since years.

Do you mean I should change my title. Something different and catchy??
acemihajlovski
Community Member

Hi

I now it is difficult, but don't give up. I was frustrated too, then I lowered my price just to get initial feedback and it took off from there. Never give up

Thank you for your reply.

Yes you are right...just getting bit frustrated.

Initially, the client only sees the first two lines of your profile before they decide whether to scroll down.  Don't waste that introducing yourself.  Highlight your experience and expertise.

Also, you say you are a graphic designer but at the bottom, you say that graphic design is your hobby.  Your profile should highlight your expertise, not your hobbies. If you are good at graphic design, lose the hobby language.

It definitely takes a while to get going and you are in a pretty crowded field.  Best of luck!

Thank you for your suggestion!
robin_hyman
Community Member

Jagriti P wrote:
Hi,
I'm bit new to upwork and despite submitting many proposals, I am not winning jobs. I'm not understanding where am I lacking.
Please help!

Remove the first 3 lines of your profile and start with:

"When you hire me for your web development and graphic designer needs, here is what you will receive"

Forget about the "hi" and "here is my profile".  We know....  Clients know....  Stand out.  

Thank you for your suggestion. Will definitely make changes accordingly.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths