🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Notification madness!
Page options
allthingsgjd
Community Member

Notification madness!

Please stop the unnecessary notifications.

At first the only notifications a freelancer received was important information, job offers, closing of contracts, that type of thing.

Then a few months ago Upwork added completely unnecessary notifications informing users that a project applied for has expired or closed. I don’t need notifying about expired proposals, I have a proposals link in the navigation that allows me to see that information if required. So, every single day I must open the notifications tab and delete one by one the unwanted notification.

That was bad enough, now Upwork have made it even worse by adding notifications that I have an unread message! I know I have an unread message; I get a big red message count icon in the navbar telling me exactly how many messages I have, plus an email notification.

Why would you think I need an extra notification as well!

It is just ridiculous how many notifications I now receive and now have to delete every day, one by one, you can’t even delete them all together, you need to do them one by one and each time you get another notification pop up saying you have deleted the notification!

The platform has become completely obsessed with notifications.

Does Upwork realise that every minute I spend deleting unnecessary notifications is a minute I spend not tracking time to earn money, so it is a minute of commission time lost for Upwork, multiply that by the thousands of freelancers and Upwork must be losing a lot of commission time.

You cannot just ignore the notifications, otherwise by the end of a week or so you would have a huge list of them, potentially missing the few actual important and real notifications.

Madness!

Graham

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Graham,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Historically, we've received feedback from users wanting to receive notifications for more events. But I'll definitely share your post with the team as they're looking to make notification settings more customizable.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bbe705fd
Community Member

LOL

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members