elastella

Notifications re job recommendations - opting out impossible

I have now tried several times to opt out of receiving notifications for job recommendations because of incessant, irrelevant messages such as this:

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 19.43.17.png

I am not a native English speaker (well, nobody is at this point in time) and I don't speak Italian...

Whenever I uncheck the relevant checkbox in my profile settings and hit 'save', the page freezes. All I can do is reload the page and I am still opted in.

Has anyone ever succeeded in opting out? If yes, how?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ela,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I checked and was able to replicate it so I brought it to the attention of our engineers. Please refer to ticket that was created.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ela,

I have been informed that this issue has been fixed and you should be able to save notification settings now. Please, let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria,

Yes, thanks, that's working now.

Ela

Hello,

I have the same issue, I'm getting not relevent reccomendations.

I think most of freelancers have this issue, thats why writing here instead of sending support request.

My profile settings:
Category: Web Design
Skill: PHP, JavaScript, AngularJS, Databases and etc.

But I'm getting reccomendations for administration job.

Bellow one of examples:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.39.28 PM.png

I never got reccomendation for example for AngularJS but half of my profile and portfolio is about this.

May be I should correct something on my profile?

Hi Samuel,

In order to take a detailed look, please submit a support request and share the recent job recommendations you received. That way, our team will be able to get an insight and check for any discrepancies between the skills you included in your profile and the job you're notified about.

Untitled