🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Notifications
Page options
skodtdesign
Community Member

Notifications

I have search the forums but I cannot seem to find an answer.

Why is it that I get an e-mail when a job posting expires, but I do not when a job posting that I sent a proposal on gets awarded?  I track my proposals, so if a job gets awarded to another freelancer, which is great BTW, I then have to figure out which proposal is no longer available and and update my tracker.  this takes time, when an automatic notification would suffice.

My question is why notify for one and not the other?  I do not need to know any details other than the job is no longer available.  I have checked the settings and there does not seem to be an notification setting for it.

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Jarrett,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Please keep in mind that while another freelancer may have been hired already, the client is still able to hire more freelancers using the same job post. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

That might be true, however the job still closes once someone is hired.  I know this is true, because the numbers of my submitted proposals changes.  Because I track my proposals, I then have to go find which proposal dropped.

I still think that we should be notified if a job closes, regardless of reason and even if it is only for tracking purposes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members