Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Notify customer "contacted"

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
1 of 8

Hi there,

I know that, when there is a job offer from a previous client, a "mark" appears in the post that warns us about it.
It would be nice if something similar exists to warn us that we are sending a proposal to a client with whom we have already contacted at some point because it has responded to a proposal, even if it has not been translated into a job in the end.
It would be a way of knowing who we are talking to, what kind of work he / she requested, why the work did not go ahead, to know what type of proposal you sent the previous time, etc ...
It has happened to me and it is a bit uncomfortable.
And, of course, it would be nice if this also appeared on the client side.

I have done him and he has asked me the same questions as the other time.

Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Maria,

 

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.


Untitled
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
3 of 8

Thanks Goran.
I guess this will not go anywhere, but thanks for answering.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4 of 8

Woman FrustratedWoman Surprised

Well, it's not to be believed, but the same thing has happened to me again and with the same client.
Please, do something.
When the client's name appeared when I sent the proposal, I almost had an attack (between laughter and nerves)!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 8

Maria T wrote:

Woman FrustratedWoman Surprised

Well, it's not to be believed, but the same thing has happened to me again and with the same client.
Please, do something.
When the client's name appeared when I sent the proposal, I almost had an attack (between laughter and nerves)!

 

Wow ... I've never had this happen, Maria. What you could do is set up a job search using the filter option to include former clients, and then run that search before writing any bids ... just a thought.


Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
6 of 8

Virginia F wrote:

Wow ... I've never had this happen, Maria. What you could do is set up a job search using the filter option to include former clients, and then run that search before writing any bids ... just a thought.



Hi Virginia,

Well, he is not an "old" client. It is a "possible" client with whom I previously contacted for a job.
In the end, he did not hire me.
And the works, I did not look for them, they came to me in Upwork messages from "Maria, here are XX new jobs you may be interested in."
I have no problem in keeping in touch with him or sending him proposals.
The issue is that, if I had somehow known who he was, I would have reviewed the previous conversation, what proposal I had sent, how we treated the work, what he wanted, etc...

 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 8

Maria T wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Wow ... I've never had this happen, Maria. What you could do is set up a job search using the filter option to include former clients, and then run that search before writing any bids ... just a thought.



Hi Virginia,

Well, he is not an "old" client. It is a "possible" client with whom I previously contacted for a job.
In the end, he did not hire me.
And the works, I did not look for them, they came to me in Upwork messages from "Maria, here are XX new jobs you may be interested in."
I have no problem in keeping in touch with him or sending him proposals.
The issue is that, if I had somehow known who he was, I would have reviewed the previous conversation, what proposal I had sent, how we treated the work, what he wanted, etc...

 

Oh ... well then if you never worked with him, he wouldn't show up in a saved search. Though I have to say, what happened tis a fluke/coincidence, and I can't imagine it happening on a regular basis, or even ever again. But who knows? I doubt Upwork will do anything since it seems it would be considered an rare occurence.

 

One thing I did like on Elance was that if a job was posted by a former client, you could see that noted right there on the post.

 


 

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
8 of 8

Virginia,
Yes, it's a great coincidence, but it's not the first time it happens to me Smiley Happy
And, the notice of "previous client", appears to me in the job search, do not you?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS