cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify that 'The project is awarded to someone else'. Is it possible?

Rajib M Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
1 of 7

I would like to get Notified if 'The project is awarded to someone else'.

Ace Contributor
Robbie B Member Since: Oct 30, 2015
2 of 7

No notifications for that.

Melissa T wrote:

You will not get a notification. You can check the job posting and see how many people were hired for that job. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/How-should-i-know-if-client-already-find-freelancer-to...

Hover the 'find work" menu, select 'proposals'. In there are two tabs. One for active proposals, the other archive. When a job is awarded, it'll no longer be active. So while your proposal is in the 'active' proposal status, you'll still be in with a shout. When it moves to archive, it's either awarded to someone else, or the client's closed the job. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7

re: "No notifications for that."

Actually....

There IS a notification "The project has been awarded to someone else."

If a client chooses to select the option to CLOSE a job posting upon hiring someone and have notifications sent to the other candidates...

OR if a client chooses to manually archive a candidate's proposal and not hire him, and trigger a notification to be sent...

Then either way, the client may choose "The project has been awarded to someone else" from among the list of available "canned" notifications.

This exists. Clients do not always choose to use these auto-notification features, and if they choose to use them, they don't always choose that one.

Ace Contributor
4 of 7

I didn't know there was that option @Preston

So, it is there, but freelancers can't tick a box that sends a notification when it's awarded to someone else? 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

re: "So, it is there, but freelancers can't tick a box that sends a notification when it's awarded to someone else?"

Freelancers have no such option.

This is controlled by clients only.

Ace Contributor
6 of 7

Thanks

Rajib M Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
7 of 7

Thanks for your response.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS