cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifying clients for Auto-Hidden Tab

Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
1 of 17
I think the solution for this issue is notifying clients by different ways. 1. Add note end of cover letter to let clients know about Hidden tab . I know some people will disagree with it who are in application tab but you can save your future trouble if each and every client will know this is buggy system of Odesk and its worth looking into hidden tab too . Since odesk doing nothing about this issue and have not notified clients even . 2. Keep applying . I have seen out of 20 application my 1 application reach clients . 3. Message to your people who invited you or interviewed you about this issue . 4. Add as many as forum topics in Client sections so they can actually read out and come to its actually buggy system . 5. Politely asking your current clients to give feedback to Odesk for roll backing this issue . If every Odesker will follow above points in couple of weeks all clients will come to know about it and will start looking into Hidden tab for potential Freelancers who deserve the job . If any of you disagree with my topic, they are welcomed , But i am only trying to be helpful here who makes their living here . Update : I am not into hidden tab anymore Smiley Happy But i will try my best to follow above points so it helps other people land jobs either in Hidden tab . Its sounds like giving your job away to someone in hidden tab . But its not like it .If client will like your proposal they will certainly hire you . Does not matter if you have notified them about Hidden tab . So cheers ODESKERS Your recommendation and criticism is welcomed kindly leave your opinion here.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 17
This feature was introduced to cut down on spam, and your suggestion is to beat it with more spam. I'm one of the seemingly rare ones that actually welcomed this feature and was grateful to see many of the spam applications hidden. Of course it shouldn't hide qualified contractors, and while I'm sure the algorithm is flawed (like everything on this site), I found it closer to getting it right than wrong (which was either before they broke the code or after they fixed it, not sure). The qualified contractors that ended up hidden stuck out more in the hidden tab than they would've in the long list of applicants actually. (Which is not to say that they should remain hidden.) Perhaps your applications get hidden because of your punctuation? I usually mark applications that contain a series of space period or space comma as spam since I figure the applicant couldn't even bother to proofread their application so why should I bother reading it.
Community Leader
3 of 17
No it was not introduce to cut down spam, I write custom letter although my English is not perfect as i am developer not writer but i can speak well. They putting people in Hidden tab for no reason i tried everything to understand the buggy algorithm but its not working at all . I am telling the ways so client should know what's going on here , Deserving people actually loosing job on odesk .
Ace Contributor
Maria F Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
4 of 17
The feature has been though and developed in oDesk's own winning style, aka badly on all accounts. After more than a year, I caved at a client's request and helped him recruit again on oDEsk. The best candidates I found where auto-hidden. They had: - higher number of contracts than the average - higher no. of hours than the average - higher rates than the average (which seems to be the silver line here, those with rates higher than 20% then the average rate were ALL hidden) However, those who did not fit were shown: - had 1 or 4 or 3 of 4 qualifications - had low and very low rates - did not match the skills I posted - one guy did work previously for the same client, lots of hours and had good rating - clearly canned cover letters - belonged to the same agency (had 6 applications from the same agency, same guy interviewing) It hid best contractors and cut off exactly 0 spam. So your theory is invalid. The bottom line is what idiot over there decided they should choose to ignore the client's specific request (which criteria clearly state) over some algorithm.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
5 of 17
My partner and I are currently using other sites more than we use this platform to hire people because of this same problem. It looks like they wanted the spammers to be hired.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
6 of 17
This seems particularly worrying to me. "higher rates than the average (which seems to be the silver line here, those with rates higher than 20% then the average rate were ALL hidden)" I don't think my rates are all that high but they are probably higher than a number of other contractors. To hide my proposal because I am requesting higher pay than the average is silly. It doesn't take into account my skill, my ability or my ability to sell my higher rate. oDesk definitely seems to want to race to the bottom end of the freelancer pool if they hide anyone who is asking for a higher rate.
Shrikant N Member Since: Sep 13, 2013
7 of 17
Shrikant N Member Since: Sep 13, 2013
8 of 17
Hello Brah! Can you tell me how can I reach in the main list? I am updating the ticket daily but getting no response...i am not even having a single dissatisfied client...still i am there in the hidden box....suggestions would be appreciated. Waiting for your response! Smiley Happy
Community Leader
9 of 17
Hi I dont know how it happened but i am not in hidden tab anymore .
Judith P Member Since: Jun 26, 2012
10 of 17
What is the point in putting a note at the end of your cover letter to say "this may end up in the hidden tab"? If it's hidden, then they are not going to see it are they?? DOH!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS