🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Now I'm 17 Can i work at upwork as a free...
Page options
hossen_tasib
Community Member

Now I'm 17 Can i work at upwork as a freelancer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Not yet. But when you are 18 years old you may try.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Not yet. But when you are 18 years old you may try.

I'm already 18 but my passport has 17. what can I do now? I want to work right now!

Jonaid H wrote:

I'm already 18 but my passport has 17.

Huh?

Jonaid H wrote:

I'm already 18 but my passport has 17.

Huh?

Yup! what can i do now?

Jonaid H wrote:

Yup! what can i do now?

Wait until your ID documents reflect your real age.

And spend the time honing your skills, building a portfolio, and learning about the business world.  When you freelance, you act as a business owner and if you don't understand what you are doing and how to plan ahead, you will never succeed.

Don't be so judgemental by just looking at someone age. As age can't be the only parameter on which we should judge someone skills.  

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed

Anil K wrote:

Don't be so judgemental by just looking at someone age. As age can't be the only parameter on which we should judge someone skills.  

It has nothing to do with skills. Upwork is a U.S.-based company and you cannot legally enter into a contract in the U.S. until you're 18...sort of puts contract work off limits.

Oddly, though, there is one U.S. state in which a person must be 19 to enter into a binding contract, and Upwork seems to allow 18-year-olds from that state.

Jonaid H wrote:

I'm already 18 but my passport has 17. what can I do now? I want to work right now!

This is not how time works.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonaid,

Our team reached out to you to clarify Upwork ToS and confirm that only users age 18 or older are allowed to use Upwork.

Thank you all for participating, I'm closing this thread for further comments.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths