cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now, can we bring our odesk clinet to elance or vice versa?

Highlighted
Muddasir M Member Since: Jul 23, 2009
1 of 11
Just hear this news https://www.elance.com/q/blog/elance-and-odesk-to-join-forces Elance and oDesk to Join Forces Now, the big problem with odesk i found is that it does not provide escrow on fix fee? now if both elance and odesk merge, can we say our client on odesk to pay us using elance or vice versa? Is it allowed?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
2 of 11
Was a disappointment to me to hear about Odesk working with Elance. I find Odesk so much friendlier towards us freelancers. Had some battles with Elance which I found not respectful and value their freelancers. I am disappointed !
Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
3 of 11
Was a disappointment to me to hear about Odesk working with Elance. I find Odesk so much friendlier towards us freelancers. Had some battles with Elance which I found not respectful and value their freelancers. I am disappointed !
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
4 of 11
Hi Muddasir, I'm afraid not, the two platforms will continue to function as separate entities for now, meaning the disintermediation policy still holds. You can't bring clients/freelancers from one platform to the other. Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
5 of 11
How about using history from one site as reference in the other (on reqest only)? Without switching platforms for the actual project of course.
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
6 of 11
HI Bojana, Your oDesk profile will not change and you should continue to use the platform as usual. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 11
Thanks but that's not actually what I asked - I meant can I use my oDesk history (i.e. send a link to my profile here) if a client on Elance wants to see references from past clients. Reference only, the project stays on whichever platform it originated on. It's a hypotethical question, I'm just curious.
Highlighted
Cate B Member Since: Sep 1, 2011
8 of 11
Why don't you just make the portfolios the same and then you won't have to think about it. It's against the TOS of both sites to send links where a client can contact you outside of the original site (look up disintermediation) -- and that's what you're doing if you send Elance clients here and vice versa.
Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 11
I know what it is, that's why I've never considered it before. I was just curious because now technically you wouldn't be directing them outside the company. Otherwise my Elance portfolio is the same, even better organised than the one here. See, that's another thing I wouldn't mind oDesk adopting. Organisation.
Highlighted
Cate B Member Since: Sep 1, 2011
10 of 11
[quote=Bojana D.] Otherwise my Elance portfolio is the same, even better organised than the one here. See, that's another thing I wouldn't mind oDesk adopting. Organisation.[/quote] Definitely. The other think oDesk needs to clean up is all the plagiarized portfolios and profiles by contractors on here. I have deliberately chosen not to put my portfolio on here because of that.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS