🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Now, the clients can edit the contract te...
Page options
rupinderguru01
Community Member

Now, the clients can edit the contract terms anytime they want. Is it true?

I heard that the clients can change/modify the terms and details of a contract anytime they want. Isn't this insecure for freelancers and agencies as clients can put more work in the contract details. This might result in disputes. What do you think about this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richard_wein
Community Member

Rupinder S wrote:

I heard that the clients can change/modify the terms and details of a contract anytime they want. Isn't this insecure for freelancers and agencies as clients can put more work in the contract details. This might result in disputes. What do you think about this?

Clients can change future (unstarted) milestones.  They can't change the currently active milestone.  So it's best to treat each milestone as a separate contract,  and don't start work on a new milestone until you've checked the details of the milestone and found them acceptable. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
richard_wein
Community Member

Rupinder S wrote:

Clients can change future (unstarted) milestones.  They can't change the currently active milestone.  So it's best to treat each milestone as a separate contract,  and don't start work on a new milestone until you've checked the details of the milestone and found them acceptable. 

Thank you for your valuable response. Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths