Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***********************ODESK FREELANCERS BEWARE ****************************

forcitcample
Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
1 of 5
All yours Applications might be going into Auto-Hidden Dustbin of Client jobs if you are not getting any response or good response from last 2 months . The odesk Brought out this feature into and for no reason The application goes to Auto-Hidden Dustbin Story of Yesterday My client posted the job and it was wordpress expert . I applied for job and i have 4.7 star Rating Almost 3000 hours Billed and lot of wordpress jobs completed with 5 star Rating . My all applications are going in Auto-Hidden Dustbin and client dont even look into it . and when i contacted support for this issue . They give lame excuse . I am suffering a lot or many of your may be without you knowing what's going on . The Learn more on client page says . 1. It might be copy pasted cover letter 2. Freelancer might not meet preferred qualification . Well it was custom letter and i am wordpress expert and meet all qualifications and have test completed as well . We need This feature Roll back asap . Please Contact supports from your profiles and raise ticket for this issue . I know they will not listen to one freelancer but if there will be thousand plus , They will roll back .
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 5
I have been with Odesk for over 2 years now and used to get jobs and invites all the time, at least 4 a week; now, nothing. Every so often I get invites and interviews--and even fewer still, I'll land a project. This is terrible and I have no idea why Odesk doesn't remove this horrible feature. It doesn't help at all. In fact, this one feature alone is creating a loss of opportunities for so many contractors....Odesk, what is the problem here? You can't fix your own technical glitches?
kashifimran2008
Kashif I Member Since: Jun 7, 2011
3 of 5
I had no idea why all of a sudden I had become an outcast. No responses from client. None of my application seemed to get any attention. Two years ago at $20-25 I had plenty of work. Now, if I apply for even $10/hr, I get no response. Come on oDesk, you are really pissing us off! You should have at least told me my applications were of no worth in your eyes; so I did not waste so much of time. I must have written 100+ applications during the past few weeks. You think our time is garbage???
neemashrikant
Shrikant N Member Since: Sep 13, 2013
4 of 5
we are seriously requesting....let client find the best applicant for the job.....not the algorithm....please!
marvyjay
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
5 of 5
In addition to this, I noticed some clients asking freelancers to apply outside of Odesk!They provide email addresses for applicants. I am not sure if this is the best way, but it sure beats the hidden application saga. Honestly, if something is broken, why not take it off?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS