cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE OF MY FRIENDS WORKS ON HERE AND SHE SAID THAT A COMPANY ON HERE SCAMMED HER

cathy p Member Since: Aug 26, 2009
1 of 2
Hello Everybody Question one of my friends work on here so do I nothing like this ever happened to me but her it did. She got scammed out of her bank account she said she worked for somebody on here and she didn't know the bank called her and said she owned the bank money. She said she went threw Odesk I am not sure if she didn't log in threw Odesk because she is new here to O desk. I once 2 months I had interview on here from some company and I had to contact them threw yahoo and before they wanted me to start they wanted my account for my bank my address and sounded no good so I told O desk it was a scam so be ware of company's that want to do interview threw yahoo and ask you for things like this.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 2
It's a common scam that's been around for the longest time. Before freelancers start working, they really should take the time to read the terms and conditions of the site. The help section is very informative. The scammers prey on new freelancers who don't know much about the site. There is never a reason to share bank details with anyone as all payments are handle via oDesk. You have to watch out for these people.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS