cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk Hide My Profile and Set into Private

Josefina E Member Since: Mar 21, 2009
1 of 5
Hi, I have received this message from oDesk earlier:We’re writing to let you know that your profile image doesn’t adhere to our Identity and Contractor Profiles policy. As a result, we have set your profile to Private and removed the ability to apply to jobs until you make the necessary changes. This caused me headache/mental agony.I am very upset, because the picture shown in my profile is true/recent photo. Odesk- I totally disagree with you this time. I am not lying here, I am sincere and honest freelancer. I never used photo from someone else ever since,to do so is dangerous!. I joined odesk since March 21, 2009 up to present.I always observed protocol, and practices good values. Why do I use other picture?, I am contented and confident of who I am, how do I look etc.. and satisfied enough. Before you come up this decision, why not let anyone come here in my place to prove or see me if that photo is authentic--this is very unfair. Before you set my profile into Private why not ask me first, to clarify, so I can send you more bigger picture for you to see. Perhaps you can ask me a copy of that picture, or please, allow freelancer to upload bigger picture for your satisfaction. Can anyone help me here? because I cannot apply for a job this time:-( Thank you
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 5
Just remove the photo. You do not need to have one. Was the photo just of you? Was anyone else in it? Were you distinguishable? Meaning were you wearing sun glasses or a hiding in a shrub or something like that? They seem to like full face images these days for some reason. For now just remove the image and have them look at your profile and they should release your account back to public. Find a photo that is just your face and upload that next time.
Josefina E Member Since: Mar 21, 2009
3 of 5
Hi Margaret, Thank you very much for your time.The photo attached in my profile is only me, no other companion. I'm not wearing sun glasses or something, that's why I am confused!. But thank you, good idea.... I will delete and change my photo. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day to you:-) Josephine
Ace Contributor
Chamira A Member Since: Apr 4, 2012
4 of 5
Hello, I have outlined my concerns about this: Profile photo policy violation - reaction is draconian, without warning and inconsistent It takes support 5 days to respond and get you back to working. They are undertaking a complete review of contractor profiles and many people will be affected. I am not disagreeing with why it is being done, but how it is being done - unfair, harsh and based on unsound principles (violation of a policy that has not been fully disclosed previously)
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
5 of 5
[quote=Chamira A.]Hello, I am not disagreeing with why it is being done, but how it is being done - unfair, harsh and based on unsound principles (violation of a policy that has not been fully disclosed previously)[/quote] What part of the policy has not been fully disclosed previously? I have been here since 2007 and the profile policy has basically been the same since then and disclosed in the same manner. Wondering what you mean that it was not previously disclosed.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS